Comfort

I'm nearly at 7k guys!! ☺️😙
Richelle's PoV
I can't believe I said that! And to my mother too! Ugh. And in front of my friends and in front of Miss Kate and.........oh crap! I left Sophia in there. Oh how could I be so stupid! I slapped my palm against my forehead before sitting down on a bench in the music room.
Why did I do that? That was so unlike me! How could I do that? Sophia is the most important thing to me right now and I just left her! I'm such a bad parent! I feel the tears start to drip down my face. I burrow my face deeper into my palms. Suddenly I feel a hand on my shoulder. Oh Noah!
"Oh Richelle! Don't cry!"
Wait that is not Noah! I look up slowly and through blurred sight to see Nancy, Noah's mum staring at me. She looks at me with sympathy before grabbing me into a hug.
"Oh darling, don't cry! It alright! Her words didn't hurt me! Shoosh now....it's ok!"
She strokes through my hair and I cling to her top. How pathetic am I? I'm a mother, a grown up now. I should be looking after Sophia! But no I'm here, clinging to Noah's mum like a monkey clings to a tree.
"I'm such a bad parent!"
I mumble into her shirt. Immediately Noah's mum responds.
"Oh darling. What are you talking about?"
I lift my head from her chest to look her in the eyes. She flinches back at the sight of me. Who wouldn't? I bet I look awful. My mascara has probably run and my hair is probably in knots. I snuffle before saying.
"I....I....left Sophia in there with my....my.....mum. How could I? She is probably terrified!"
All is quiet for a few minutes before I feel two hands on my shoulder. I'm slowly dragged up to look at Nancy.
"Richelle....Richelle! You are seventeen! And you chose to leave us to give Sophia a good life. That is probably the scariest thing you ever had to do but you did it! You did it to give Sophia a better life. You are the best parent ever! Sophia is lucky to have you and Noah as her mother and father. Don't worry about your mum! She is out of your life for now. All you need to worry about is your new life with Sophia and if that means you need a little help from me then that's ok. In fact.......I would love it for you, Noah and Sophia to stay with me."
I stared at her with shock.
"What did you just say?"
Nancy looks down before mumbling.
"Me and Derek-Noah's dad- well....we split up after....after Noah left."
Omg! I did that! I'm the reason they spilt up!
"Omg Nancy! I'm so sorry! It's all my fault! If I hadn't gotten pregnant then you and Derek would still be together. Noah is going to hate me"
I cry. I feel the tears drip down my face.
"No no Richelle! This is not your fault! Me and Derek weren't doing well even before you left. Noah knew that! You getting pregnant had nothing to do with us splitting up.Don't you ever think that!"
She said determined. She then wiped the tears from my cheeks.
"That is why I want you and Noah to move in with me. The house is so lonely now, I just....It would be nice to have some company."
I snuffle before looking into her eyes.
"Are you sure? Because me and Noah we can go back. Noah has a job. He is able to support us and soon when Sophia is old enough I'll go get a job"
I say grabbing her hands.
"Oh love! I would love to have you two around. Noah is my son, my baby boy. But now I have will have you and little Sophia around to keep me company."
I think about it for a few minutes. How much will our lives change if we move back. I could go back to dance. Sophia could join baby ballet. I could see my friends again. That doesn't sound to bad to me! I look up at her before nodding yes.
      Her eyes light up and she starts to smile. She quickly grabs me into a tight hug before letting out a joyous laugh. She is so happy.
"RICHELLE.......RICHELLE! WHERE ARE YOU?"
I let go of Nancy to see Noah tumbling towards me. No sooner was I out of Nancy's hug, I was gathered into Noah's arms. My face was pressed against his shirt and his hands were stroking my hair.
"Are you ok?!"
He let go of me before grabbing my cheeks and placing a kiss on my forehead. He stroked my cheek with his thumb.
"I was so worried! Please don't leave like that again. It's ok! Your mum left after you ran away. Sophia is getting distressed, she is confused. She wants her mummy! Are you ok? Why were you crying? What are you doing here? Come back? It's ok now! Everyone is so worried! I was worried! I don't know what I'd do without you!"
He then grabbed me back into a hug. I was at lost on how to answer his questions but luckily I don't have too.
"Noah"
Nancy said quietly. I was slowly released from Noah's arms as he turned to face Nancy.
"Mum"
Tears were starting to fill Nancy's eyes, she could not bare being away from him any longer so she pulled him in for a hug.
"Oh Noah! My baby boy! I missed you. I missed you"
She mumbled into his chest. Noah stared at the wall behind her before burrowing his head into her hair and letting his own tears fall.
"I missed you too, mum"
Oh Noah! I haven't seen him cry for months. I feel my own tears start to well up. I can't wait for him to hear the news. Soon they release their hug and just stare at each other. I don't really want to break the moment but I want to tell Noah about the plan.
"Noah"
I say it quietly but he still hears me. He turns to face me. His eyes are red and puffy but he has a smile on his face.
"Noah, your mum has offered for us to stay with her"
He looks back to Nancy and says
"Really"
"Really son, I want both you and Richelle and little Sophia in my life"
Nancy comes up to me and takes one hand and drags me over to Noah before she takes one of Noah's hands.
"But dad?"
"No need to worry about him Noah"
Noah looks down at that, I guess he has realised that his dad might not be around so much.
"All I need now is you two!"
She says before she drags both so us into a group hug. This is perfect! I can't believe it! I hope the future is going to be good.

Sorry guys for the long wait, I haven't been well plus I've had exams and at coursework to do. Anyway enjoy 🤓😘

Also how perfect is this photo. I found it on Instagram so credit is due to the maker who I think is @the.next.step_00 for this amazing edit

step_00 for this amazing edit