Spoiled Brat

"You've got to be kidding."

"Sanii, your father and I are serious about this! The Blood Moon Ball is a respectable event, and you should take it as such!" I roll my eyes and stare at the full length dress.

"It's so, so- medieval! Couldn't you have gotten me something more modern? I mean look at it! It looks like curtains!"

"Sanii, your mother is right. This is a very serious matter. Why don't you look at your sister? She looks wonderful in her dress!" My glare turns to my 'wonderful' sister that so happens to prance into my room. I swear the amount of innocence that oozes out of her scent is sickening.

"Right, says the father that is too embarassed at the fact that he has an outgoing daughter that would rather play by her own rules and not being tortured into following thousand year old traditions."

"No, says the father that loves our pack enough to follow those traditions that our graceful ancestors left for us to follow. You're just upset that you finally have to put on a proper dress."

"Fuck off Nina. This conversation had nothing to do with you. Now would you all get the hell out so I can work on fixing this pile of fabric? It's going to take me some time to fix this one." I spat while looking at the hideous bunch of curtains.

"The ball starts at 9:30. Be prompt because the car will be picking you both up on the dot."

"And why am I going to this again?"

"Sanii please, just get ready okay? Who knows what could happen? You might meet your mate!" My mother excitedly. I growl lowly as my door makes a soft click. I look at the ball gown and pick up the dress.

"I would be mortified if our mate had to see us in that" my wolf, Raina, exclaims. "It looks terrible!"

"Well, let's start on it's transformation shall we?"

"We shall."

I take the dress off of the hanger and lay it on my sewing table that my mother had gotten me for my 14th birthday. I study the dress a little while longer before turning it over and cutting a deep V line on the back. I split the seams and sew a zipper to insure that it will have a tight fit. I carefully cut the lace sleeves and cut a sweetheart neckline into the front of the gown. Raina barked with satisfaction when I took a second look at my modifications, but I knew it needed more. The many layers of fluff at the bottom were unseamed which gave the dress a nicer and smoother finish. I picked up the dress and tried it on, making little adjustments as needed.

"Sanii, the dress is perfect!"

"I think so too Raina, I just think it's missing just a little something."

I looked around the room and my eyes caught a solid gold belt piece that I removed from another dress. I picked it up and pressed it against my waist, observing how it looked in my full length mirror.

"Ooh, I love the gold."

"I thought you would."

I take off the dress and add the belt quickly. I glance at the clock on my nightstand and see that I have a hour left to get dressed. I grab my fluffy towel and prace into my bathroom humming a random tone. I turn on the water and brushed my teeth while I waited for the water to warm. A knock on my bathroom door knocked me out of my concentration.

"What do you want?"

"Where is my shampoo Sanii? I know you took it!"

"Nina please leave me alone."

"I want my shampoo!"

I could feel Raina roll her eyes. "I'm in the shower right now. You're going to have to wait."

"I want it now Sanii! You better give it to me or I'm telling dad!"

I growled in frustration. Why does she always feel the need to run to dad for everything? She began pounding on the door and I temporarily let Raina take control, just to scare her shitless. She grabbed the towel and wrapped it around our body quickly, angry that I had to pause my shower before I could completely get all the soap out of my hair. She swung open the door and grabbed her by the front of the shirt, pulling her close. The scared look on my sister's face made this all worth it.

"Listen. I told you to wait a second you little spoiled brat. Now I have to pause my shower to shut your whining ass up. Hurry up and get your damn shampoo before I throw you out of the window. Got it?"

She nodded and I sat her back on her feet. She scurried into the bathroom, grabbing the bottle without looking at me. "Now get the fuck out." I slammed my door closed and finished my shower in peace.

I finish my shower and style my hair into loose curls as I hum to a song by Ed Sheeran. Once i'm satisfied with my hair, I start with my makeup. I pick all my colors and begin stroking my face with the soft brushes and pencils. I apply my soft gold shade as a finishing touch and take a look at myself in the mirror.

"Sanii honey! It's almost 9:3-" I look at the clock and run to start stepping into my newly tailored dress. "I'm coming mom! Just give me a second!"

I step into my gold heels to complete my look. I grab my cover up and start the journey down the hallway. I could hear the murmurs of pack members at the foot of the stairs, wondering what i'm going to look like. I take a deep breath and open the doors to enter the atrium of our house. The voices instantly stop and heads snap to my slim figure.

"Sanii! What in the world did you do to your dress?"my father's voice echoed and I rolled my eyes. "I'm not a little girl anymore dad. I'm sorry if this is not the thing you pictured. I'm not the typical girl that you envisioned when I was playing with dolls and dressed up as Sleeping Beauty. So, if you don't mind, I would appreciate if you would step to your left so I can grab my keys."

"You are not driving."

"Did I not just explain this to him?"

Nina always tries to get me to be more nice to people but, I hardy listen. "Yea i'm pretty sure you did but be patient okay?"

"You know that's not my style."

"Dad, please just let me get my keys?"

"Why can't you be like your sister Sanii? She listens to everything we tell her. She looks beautiful in her traditional dress! This a traditional event with many elders and respected packs attending! Nina doesn't look like she's about to go to a club! This is a ball Sanii! Not a time to party and be reckless with your teenage friends!"

"There is nothing wrong with my dress! Maybe if you payed less attention to your 'perfect' daughter you would recognize that!" I shoved my father out of the way and grabbed my keys from the rack behind him. The door slams after I angrily walk to my car. Why do I always get compared to Nina? Does anyone realize that she is a spoiled brat? I could feel tears surface but I let the wind from the open windows of my black Range Rover wipe any trace of sadness from my face. I knew tonight I was going to have a good time and deal with the comparison tomorrow.