When Sweet Turns Sour

"Alpha, the arrangements for the ballroom are almost ready." I nod without looking and the door closes shut.

"You look very handsome."I nod curtly at her and she goes back into a comfortable silence. I slide my black jacket over my outfit and adjust my tie once more. Georgia follows me with her eyes, fixing the things that I can't see. All in sweet silence. She finishes up and we walk out the door. The Blood Moon Ball is one of my favorite events of the year. My mother and father would take me as a pup. That was the only time that I had to be myself without my parents over my shoulder. I never talked to anyone because people watching suits me more. I sit at a table and watch mates dance the night away and pups excitedly talking with their friends. It makes my wolf ecstatic knowing that my pack is happy.

"Check over security before you leave the packhouse."

"It's already taken care of Beo. Calm your nerves."

I ignore his pacing back and forth and constant barking while I mindlink my pack. I don't talk very much unless talked to. I like things peaceful and quiet, hints the name Silent Moonshine. As I mingle with different people my third in command, Jessie, walks over to me. He instantly taps into our mindlink and the seriousness of his voice floods my mind. 

"We have an unauthorized Range Rover on our pack lands sir."

"Well what are you doing here? Go handle it!"

He turns around and heads outside the ballroom doors. The spacious area is neatly decorated with midnight blue and silver decorations. The omegas put the finishing touches on table cloths and centerpieces. I mindlink all of the workers to the dance floor and they all gather around me, listening to the rare occasion of my talking.

"Everyone, I wanted to thank you for your hard work today. I know this preperation was not easy but you did a great job. Go get dressed up and come back to enjoy yourselves!" Everyone smiled as they walk to their rooms. The door closes quietly but shortly after, reopens to reveal my beta dressed in his tux.

"Alpha we have a woman by the name of Sanii Touche at the door." I give the familiar name some thought while Beo goes crazy in my mind. "She is the daughter of Alpha Touche." 

His eyebrow raises in confusion. "Silverback Summit Pack?" I nod, wishing that we could go back to mind linking.

"I thought the sisters would be traveling together?"

"So did I." We walk to the front door and Beo starts whimpering loudly.

"What's your issue? Cut that crap out!"

He never responded but I temporarily brushed away his discomfort. As I was grabbing the handle, a loud heavenly voice rings through the door. Somewhere in my body wanted to leave the door closed because the sound of yelling made me angry. It was way too much noise.

"What do you mean I can't come in? I am on that list aren't I?" 

I turn the handle and gawk at the beauty in front of me. Her brown hair curled to perfection, tumbling down her back. The dress she wore hugged every curve on her body and I could feel Beo raging to gain control. Her eyes snapped to me and we both growled simultaneously.

"MINE!" Her hands wrapped around my neck and mine on her hips. I could feel the tension in her body as the sparks rushed to the surface of my skin. We painfully pulled away and a dimpled smile formed on her face.

"Hi" she said with a bubble of laughter. "Hello beautiful. I assume that we don't have to go through the cliche introduction of names," I say in her head. She stares at me shocked and I pull her in for another hug.