Chapter 12

Chapter  12

TWO DAYS LATER

“Ow!” I groaned as Maria shoved a earpiece into my ear.

“What are you doing?” I asked her with an agitated voice.

“We tell you what to do. You can hear through this. Do as your told.” She said sternly.

We were in a car outside the restaurant. This was going to be my first “date” with Harry. I am still so annoyed with him that I haven’t said a single word to him since I hung up the phone on him. He’s tried talking and smiling, which I didn’t return, so today, he’s gone back to his usual arrogant, smirky self. Arsehole.

Maria handed Harry his ear piece and he put it in his ear, ignoring me completely.

What the hell? Mine gets shoved in my ear and he gets it in his hand? Bitch. I give her a disgusting look.

“Look I don’t care about your personal lives and personal issues. But Harry, she’s doing this to save your fucking name and Guinevere, you work for us. So be professional. Smile. I see one frown on your face and you’re fired. We have Nathan, who’s already in the restaurant and he’s going to tell you what to do. You do it. Got it?” she said, glaring at me.

I nodded and looked at Harry. Maria turned to Harry too.

“Yeah whatever.” He grunted and stepped out of the car.

I stepped out and adjusted my dress. I picked my own dress. It was against orders but no way was I going to wear what they sent me. It hardly covered my butt! So I picked my own dress. It was a flowy deep blue knee length dress. It had a high neck. Maria was not happy. But I told her what they sent didn’t fit so I wore this instead. She groaned but realised we were on a schedule so she let me be.

Mental yayy!

Seeing annoyance on her face because of my actions gave me so much pleasure. She looked me up and down one more time, frowning at my dress. But I liked it and Tyler liked it!

Oh yes! Tyler came to my house to tell me goodbye before I go for a date. I know he didn’t like this arrangement one bit, but so far, he hasn’t complained. He is also the reason I didn’t wear the butt-dress. He looked at it and simply said, “No way. No way in hell.” I giggled and showed him my blue dress, which he really likes on me. So there Maria, go show your annoying face to someone who cares.

I shrugged nonchalantly and made my way to the entrance of the restaurant, walking behind Harry.

“What is wrong with you people?” I heard an electronic-like voice in my ear. Maria.

We looked at each other. We both looked like we had no idea what she was talking about, so we turned back to the car to look at her.

“Hold hands! And Guinevere don’t follow him in. Walk next to him!” we saw her say into a small device as we heard it in our ears.

I glared at her and turned around and took three steps forward, until I was next to Harry.

Roughly, he pressed his large palm into mine and started walking again.

We walked into the restaurant and the manager came forward.

“Hello! Mr Styles.” He gave Harry a big smile, which Harry didn’t bother returning.

The manager’s smile faltered and he looked at me.

“Ms Maynard.” He said, giving me a small nod and a smile.