Chapter 18

Chapter 18

A WEEK LATER

GUINEVERE’S POV

A date with Harry Styles. A chance to kiss Harry Styles. Any teenage girl’s fantasy right? Then how come I hate it so much?! How come I’d rather be alone at home, crying over the unfulfilled love of Jack and Rose?

After a good week that Mr Lawrence gave me to “take a break”, what I interpreted as “get the fuck over it because you have a job to do”, here I was, getting ready for my second date with The Harry Styles. I already had a bit of alcohol in my blood, which I assumed was helping me be in the not-so-cranky mood I was in yesterday and the day before, and the day before and the day before… and so on.

I threw my closet open and started at it blankly for maybe 1003 hours? After finding absolutely nothing that I wished to wear for the date, my eyes landed on a box that I had pushed to the back of my closet a few days ago.

I pulled it out and opened it. The black and white butt-dress that Maria had picked for my first date with Harry. Perfect.

I slip on the dress, wore my six-inch black, strappy stilettoes, and did my makeup. I did smoky eyes and toned down nude lips. I left my hair in tangled waves, messing them up slightly. I know that a week ago, I would’ve hated to see myself like this. But right now, I felt like a slut and it felt good. It just felt good to be disappointed in myself. I couldn’t explain it well… but the point is… I’m turning into a slutty alcoholic and I’m proud of it.

I was ready two minutes earlier than asked so I sat on the bed, staring into space, waiting for Maria to give me a call to bring me downstairs.

I shuffled on the bed, trying to get comfortable when I felt something under my arse.

I got up and saw a watch. A man’s watch. Gold dial, brown leather straps. What was his name? Roofus? Ronald?Ross? Ryan? I don’t know, I don’t care. All that matters was, he was good in bed. Last night was my err… how do I put it? Relaxation period. Yes.

How did it happen? I went to a club, kissed the guy who put his hand on my arse, brought him back to my place, had sex, and he left before I woke up, thank God.

My thoughts were suddenly interrupted when my ringtone blasted from my phone.

Maria calling.

“Hello?” I answered.

“Guinevere, we’re down. Come down now.” She instructed and the line went dead. Wow, she’s a friendly little lady.

I got down and made my way to the car.

“Wore that dress huh?” Maria asked me, eyeing me, judging me.

I rolled my eyes and got into the back seat of the car with Harry.

HARRY’S POV

I know I had a frown clearly etched on my face when I looked at the way she dressed.

That dress barely covered her arse. She had make-up and hair that could only be described as whore-like. What was wrong with her?! This wasn’t Guinevere. Granted, I didn’t know her much to begin with but this was NOT her.

I know that with my past… habits, I should be the last to judge, and according to my ‘rules to get over Guinevere’, I shouldn’t be talking to her, but I had to. I felt like I was responsible for what-whatever she’s become and I had to deal with it.

“Hey, Nate. Listen… is there any way that uhh… I could talk to Guinevere in private please?” I asked just when the car started.

He nodded and turned to the driver. “Stop the car.” He instructed, and the car was stopped on the left.