Chapter 5

Chapter 5

~Harry’s POV~

Liam picked up the remote and pressed pause. Ahh finally a break from the torture, or what the others like to call Guinevere Maynard’s audition.

“Is this the one you were talking about, Mr. Lawrence? She’s really good.” Liam started. What? Good? She was terrible! She didn’t even know the A of acting. Mr. Lawrence seems to disagree but come on Liam! Look at her! She’s not even that hot!

“Yeah, and she’s pretty fit too, eh?” Zayn continued. No! Clearly, asking them for their opinion was a bad idea.

“She’s awful! You’ll see! The girl can’t even die right!” I groaned.

“She’s not supposed to die, Harold. Did you pay even the slightest attention when the girl auditioned?” Mr. Lawrence answered. Damn.

From the side, I saw Mr. Lawrence roll his eyes. He gestured for Liam to continue playing the video! Ugh!

Liam gave me a “Get over yourself” look.

“Whatever…” I mumbled.

Liam took the remote and hit play. I decided that now would be a good time to zone out.

So after the five auditions before Mr. Lawrence and me, we kind of had a disagreement about the leading lady. I thought that the fiery red-head with an Irish accent would make a very sexy Juliet, something to help us into the new world. Mr. Lawrence, on the other hand was all for Arthur’s girl’s reincarnation (A/N: Google the history behind the name Guinevere, it’s actually quite interesting). Something about theatrical experience. Man, did this daft creature from pre-historic times know what brings boys to a theatre!

As I snapped back to reality, the audition tapes were over.

“What were you talking about? She was brilliant!” Zayn was first to comment.

“Are you guys blind? Can you not see?” I snapped.

“Can you not see? I think she was the best!” Louis piped in.

“I like the Irish chick!” Niall shrugged.

“Yes Ni! Thank you!” I said to him.

“I mean the Barnyard girl wasn’t bad. Not one bit. But the other one’s Irish!” Niall added.

“Barnyard?” Zayn asked with a puzzled look on his face. I smirked.

“It’s Maynard”, Mr. Lawrence said, rolling his eyes.

“Nialler! You can’t pick a girl just because she’s Irish! She was beautiful, no doubt. But Ms. Maynard-, Liam said, glaring at me, “was a much better actress. It was such an obvious decision!”

“But-”Niall started but Mr. Lawrence interrupted. “Okay, it’s three versus two. Sorry Harry… and Niall-,” he paused, looking at a grumpy Niall. “-but we’re taking Guinevere.”

I glared at him. “Suck it up, boy! Asking them was your decision!” Mr. Lawrence said, gesturing towards the boys. I groaned.

But before I could say anything, they all got up and left.

“Later!” I heard Niall shriek as he closed the door behind him.

Damn! There goes my hope that they would side with me.

I guess I’ll have to make do with Ms. Guinevere Barnyard-oops, Maynard.

I smirked to myself and closed my eyes for a short power nap.