Chapter 2

I wake up and Louis is still tucked into my side. I remove myself from the bed and walk to my dresser. I pull out a blue and black checkered dress/shirt and slip it on. I match that with ripped blue jeans, light blue TOMS, black bracelets, matching necklace, and pull out a black bag for later.

      After that, I grab my dirty laundry, go to the guest room and get Louis’ dirty clothes, and walk to the laundry room. I put the clothes into the washer. Then I walk back to my room. Louis is awake and looking around frantically. He spots me and calms down.

     “Don’t worry, I was just doing laundry.” I tell him, walking over and sitting on the bed. I hear a knock on the door. “I’ll be right back.” I tell Louis. I walk to the door and check through the peep hole. It’s Paul. I open the door. “Hey, Chief, what’s up?”

      “These are some of Louis’ clothes.” He hands me three suitcases. “What did you find out?”

      “The man who killed his parents had black hair and a black dragon tattoo on his back and side.” I recite.

      “Okay, okay, we can use that. Did you get him to talk?” Chief asks.

      “Sort of, he typed on my computer to respond.” I told him.

      “Okay, hey, Lydia, are you ok? You look… happier?” Paul asks. I shrug.

      “I don’t know why, I’m just happier for some reason.” I tell him. He nods. “Wait! Chief, can I bring him with me to a bar tonight?” I ask.

       “Well, just be careful, we need him.” Chief says. “Okay, bye Lydia.”

      “Bye, Paul.” He leaves. I turn and return to my room. “Hey, Tommo, Chief brought over some of your clothes.” I hand him his suitcases. He nods and walks to the guest room. Ten minutes later, Louis returns in blue jeans, a white T-shirt, greay beanie, and some black TOMS.

      “So, Tommo, do you want to come out with me and a couple of friends tonight?” I ask him.

      He bites his lip and nods. I smile.

     “Alright, what do you want to do?”

     He rubs his stomach.

    “Oh yeah, I’m hungry too.” I walk to the kitchen and put two bagels in the toaster. I put some cream cheese on mine. “Do you want butter or cream cheese?”

      He holds up two fingers as in the second one.

     “Cream cheese?”

     He nods. I put cream cheese on his and hand him the bagel. We eat in silence. Then I finally break it.

      “So, Lou, what next?” I ask him. He shrugs. “How about we head to my friend Zayn’s house? My other friends, Niall and Liam, are with him right now.”

       Louis nods. I grab my bag, put my keys, phone, make-up bag, and wallet in it. We head out and towards Zayn’s house. We get to Zayn’s flat and I knock. Liam opens the door. I smile and kiss his cheek. “Hey Li, this is Louis. Louis, this is Liam.” I introduce them. Liam steps aside.

      “Nice to meet you, come in.” I walk in, Louis following. Louis makes a squirming sort of dance move.

      “Lou, do you have to use the loo?”

      He nods.

     “Down the hall, second door on your left.”

     He nods and goes the way I told him. Liam and I go into the living room where Niall and Zayn are sitting on the couch.