Chapter 5

I wake up to my alarm clock. I groan and shut it off. I get out of bed and slump over to my dresser. I pull out my uniform and some underwear. I slip off my booty shorts when I hear someone cough loudly. I jump and turn around.

    “God, Lou, I’m sorry I forgot you were here.” I pull my shorts back up. “I’ll go change in the bathroom.” I mumble and run off. I can’t believe I just let him see my ass! Ugh, I change into my uniform and put my hair up into a ponytail. I walk out of the bathroom to find Lou fully dressed in dark blue chinos, a white button up, and matching navy blue suspenders. I walk over to him and snap one of the suspenders.

      “Why’d ya do that?” He asks me. I shrug.

      “I’ve always wanted to do that before. Now, come on, we can get breakfast at the diner across the street from the station.” I tell him.

      “Alright, but I don’t want to talk that much outside of here.” He admits.

     “That's ok, this in itself is already a huge improvement.” I tell him.

     “Thanks.” He says. I nod.

    “Let’s go.” We head to the station and stop at the diner. I get some pancakes and Louis gets an omelet. We cross the street and enter the station. I call Eleanor over. “Hey, El, could you keep Louis company for the day? I have to work a lot, just let him stay in the Relative Department. Please?” I ask.

     “Sure, oh, by the way, Perrie wanted me to invite you over for dinner next Friday.” Eleanor tells me. Perrie is Eleanor’s girlfriend, Perrie is a fire fighter like Liam.

     “Sure, I’d love to, thanks El. Bye, I’ll bring him over in like ten minutes.”

     “Bye.” She walks away. I run back to Louis.

    “Okay, Louis, I have to work but my friend Eleanor is going to keep you company down in her office. If you need me for any reason, go to the front desk and talk to Chief Paul, or his assistant, Stacy. They can help you.” I tell him.

      He nods.

     “Alright, I’ll check up on you every hour and then we can have lunch together.” I walk him over to the office. “Here, stay here and I’ll see you later.” I hug him once and run back to my department. Paul is waiting for me.

     “Hey, Lydia, here.” He hands me some papers. “You have four people to complete before lunch. The first one is an older women who witnessed a robbery at a local bank. Second one is a suspect, he is thought to have murdered his brother. Third one is an 6 year old girl who was subjected to abuse from her dad for three years. Fourth one was a suspect for a robbery, the one the first one witnessed. Good luck.” He says.

     “Thanks Chief.” I look down at the first paper. The women’s name is Elda Johnson, she is 76, and was making a deposit when someone came in with a gun and threatened them. She is in room 4, so I head down there. I walk in and she is sitting in a chair.

      “Hello, sweetie.” She says cheerily. I smile at her.

      “Hi, Elda, I’m Officer Styles. I just wanted to ask you some questions about what you witnessed.” I say sweetly.

    “Okay, well, this is what happened. I was making a deposit. I was on line when this man with long, dirty blonde hair and a scar on his face came in with a gun. He threatened to shoot if he didn’t get all the money they could fit into a bag.” She tells me. Wow, that guy was cliché.

     “Thanks, that’s all I need. Just wait a little while longer, we think we caught him but I need you to confirm it.” I explain.

     “Thank you, darling, you are a very pretty girl.” She says. I blush.