Chapter 6

“What’s this about?” Chief asks me.

      “That case, with the mute boy, where his parents were killed, I have some information on that.” I tell him.

      “Okay, spill.”

     “Well, I’m almost positive the man who did it is my dad. You know he killed my mum and my aunt. I found my long-lost brother, and apparently my dad killed my uncle too. I found out from a suspect today that my dad has people looking for my brother and I, so he can kill us too.” I tell him.

      “Oh, god, wow, ok, well, we can use that information. Stay safe.” Paul says.

      “Thanks, Chief. I’m going to go have lunch now, see you later.” I say.

      “Hey, Lydia, wait. You can go home now, you have a lot going on.” He instructs.

     “Alright, see you tomorrow.” I get up and head over to the Lost Relative Department. I see Eleanor, but not Louis. I walk over to her. “Where’s Lou?” I ask.

      “Oh, he’s in the bathroom.” She tells me.

      “What were you going to say earlier, before Louis shut you up?” I ask. She giggles.

      “Well, I was talking to him, he was writing, and I asked him what he thought of you. He said you were nice and very sweet. But then I commented on how hot you look in your uniform. He agreed with me on the paper, so he ripped it up when you came over.” She explains. I blush.

      “Um, thanks-” I’m cut off by my radio.

      “Lydia! Hurry over to the Orphan Office, please, it’s about Allison.” I hear Niall say.

      “Alright, I’ll be right there.” I say into it. Louis comes back. “Louis, I’ll explain everything on the way home, but come with me to the Orphan Office, bye Eleanor.” I say. Louis nods and follows me. I jog over to the Orphan Office. I spot Niall and sprint over to him.

      “Thank god you’re here, she wouldn’t stop crying for you. She’s in there.” Niall says, pointing behind him. I nod and hurry into the office. Little Allison is sitting in a chair shaking.

      “Allison, hey, it’s me, Lydia. Don’t cry.” I walk over and kneel down next to her.

      “L-Lydia, t-they say I’m going to live in an orphanage.” She sobs. I brush some stray hair from her eyes.

      “Shh, sweetie, I lived in an orphanage for 10 years, it’s not bad. And you could be adopted by a nice family. I promise you will be fine.” I smile at her.

      “O-Okay, but will you come and visit me?” She asks.

      “I promise to visit you, as much as I can.” I say truthfully.

      “O-okay, I’ll be good for Nialler.” She giggles. “He told me I could call him that.” I give her a hug and stand up straight.

      “See you soon, Allison. Stay safe.” I tell her.

      “You’re like a super hero.” She says dreamily.

      “Thanks, you’re a good kid.” I say and walk out. “Ni, she’s going to be fine.” I reassure him.

      “Thanks, see you later.” He says happily.

      “Yeah, bye Ni,” I kiss his cheek and he runs off to do some work. “Okay, Louis, come with me.” We walk outside and I stop him. “Can you show me where Harry works?” I ask him.