Chapter One

~Dash's POV~

I wake up to my alarm at 6 A.M. Great, I dreaded getting up in the morning and going to school. I don't hate school itself, I hate the person I dread seeing there. Yeah, Sammy Wilkinson is my bully. He puts me through the most unbearable pain, ever. Just so I can put myself through even more when I get home. I have ten blades hidden in my room. I numbered them 1-10, Yeah like a scale. The number of pain I feel that day is the number blade I use on myself. Nate doesn't know his best friend bullies me, and I plan on keeping it that way. "Dash- Oh, okay. Just making sure you're up sis." Nate smiles. "Thanks Nate. Can you help me pick an outfit?" He nods and goes into my walk-in closest. Nate comes out minutes later with the perfect outfit. He chuckles "I like to see your bully beat you up wearing this! You're gonna look so gorgeous today!" Yes, Nate knows of my bully, just not who. "Thanks Nate." I hug him and kiss his cheek. "You want a ride?" Yeah, why not? I mean It's not like Sammy will be there. "Yes, Please!" "Okay, but I'm picking up Sammy too." My heart literally jumps to my ass, then my throat."O-Okay." I stutter.

"Get dressed, we leave in 15." I nod and get dressed in 3 minutes, with enough time to do my make-up and touch up my hair. "DA- Oh, okay, well lets go!" Nate says as I rush down the stairs. "MAZE C'MON!" Nate yells. "OKAY OKAY, DAMN NATHAN!" She snaps. Maze hates when she's being yelled at. "Maze your outfit is so cute." She smiles at me. "Thanks, I love yours too."(Outfits Above). I nod and Maze and I slip in the back of his truck. Maze and I slip on our Beats Pro. I shuffle my music and 'Far Away' starts playing. I realize that it's my playlist I listen to when I cut myself, I don't bother changing it as I begin the rub my wrists. Everyone knows I cut, even Sammy. He just thinks it's because I'm some emo depressed lunatic.

We pull up to Sammy's house and Nate gets out and motions for us to get out too. I mentally groan, but I get out so he doesn't get suspicious. "Aye, Sammy!" Nate bro hugs Sammy. "Hey Sam." Maze greets and walks in. "Hi Sammy." I say quietly as I lower my head. I check the time to see that it's 7. School starts at 8:30. Great, I guess we're staying here until 8 then. "You look nice Daze." I roll my eyes to myself, He knows my name, He just does this to piss me the fuck off. "It's Dash, bro." Nate says looking confused. "Oh, right. Sorry Dash." I nod "Yeah." I walk away from them and sit on a bar-stool at the bar in the kitchen. I turn my music up and back on, and 'Exs and Ohs' by Elle King comes on. I naturally start to sing along. " Ex's and Ohs ohs ohs they haunt, like gho-oo-oost they want me. To make em all. The won't let go." I sing with so much passion. I then realize I'm at Sammy Wilkinsons house.

"I'm sorry, It's a habit with this song." I blush and look down at me lap. Sammy walks up to me and sits next to me. "I never knew you could sing like that." I silently chuckle. "Yeah, cause you would use it as another reason to bully me Sammy." I made sure to whisper my sentence so Nate doesn't hear. "Look, I'm sor-" "You, Sorry? No you're not. You're trying to get me to let my guard down. But it won't work." I get up and go over to Nate. "Nate, I'm just going to penny board to school, can I get my shit from you truck?" He furrow his brows together, then nods. "Thanks." I rush out to get my stuff from his truck then hand him his keys back. "DASH!" I heard Sammy call. No, He won't let me put my guard down.

~Skip to lunch~

I just came from my music class, My all time favorite. I don't eat at school, I rarely eat at home. I sit down with my group at 'Our' table. My friends at school consist of, Taylor Caniff, Nash Grier, Hayes Grier, Cameron Dallas, Matthew Espinosa, and my sister, Maze. "Hey Guys." I smile and sit in between Taylor and Matt like usual. "We're just waiting for Maze and Cam, then we're gonna start walking around." I nod because it's what we usually do. "Hey guys!" Maze cheers as she walks to us holding Camerons hand, Yes Maze and Cam are a thing. "You guys go ahead, I just need to think." They give me a look then nod. "Text me if you need me, yeah?" Taylor asks me. I nod and give him a fake smile. They all wave me off and leave.

I sat here for five minutes, alone is my own depressing thoughts, and couldn't take it anymore. I get up, and walk towards the double doors. Suddenly I feel an unbearable pain in my jaw. Can I not go one day with out being hurt by myself or someone else? I look up to see, non other, but Sammy Wilkinson, Carter Reynolds, and Aaron Carpenter. I try to get up so I can run to the bathroom, but Sammy, Carter, and Aaron had other things in mind. Sammy punches me in the face, most likely causing a black eye to form soon. I fall and Carter kicks me in the stomach. Aaron, just stand there, then leaves with them like a puppy.

"DASH?!" I know that voice but I don't bother to look at who it belongs too. I get up and run to the bathroom.

~Nate's POV~

I can't believe I just saw Carter do that to Dash. "DASH?!" Before I could help her up she's runs away with out looking up. She runs to the bathroom, and I hear a click. "No!" I holler. I run around the school, quickly might I add to find Maze. "MAZE!" I find her just in time for the bell to ring. "WHA- Woah, Nate what's wrong?" I grab her wrist and run to the girls bathroom, causing her to run too. "NATHAN! WHAT'S WRONG!" She screams. "DASH! She locked herself in the bathroom!" He face goes pale. "Where's Da-" Maze cuts Taylor off and screams at him. "GO FIND A JANITOR, NOW!" They finally get what's going on and they rush to find one. I bang on the door. "DASH, PLEASE! LET ME IN."

I hear her singing, She's singing the songs to her depression playlist. Shes singing 'Set Fire To The Rain'. I hear glass breaking, sobs, and mumbling. "DASH, PLEASE DON'T DO THIS!" I holler through the door just as the Janitor gets here and unlocks the door for me. No, no, no. "DASH!" I scream and she drops the shard of glass.

~Dash's POV~

I reach the bathroom with Nate following behind me. I lock the door, thank god no one is in here. I was singing 'Set Fire to the Rain' I wrap a load of toilet paper around my knuckles, and punch the mirror. I'm broken, The mirror is broken. He broke me like I broke the mirror, so easily done, But oh so hard to pick up the tiny pieces. "How can something so pretty on the outside, be so rotten on the inside?" I ask referring to myself. "Even the prettiest of things rot. It's how life works." Next thing I know, I have a big shard of glass in my hand and I'm dragging it across both of my wrists. "Why do I feel like the only answer I deserve is a slash to the wrists?" I let a tear slip out as I keep cutting, until I hear the door click. "DASH!" Nate screams and I drop the shard of glass.

Nate walks to me with Maze, Cam, Nash, Hayes, Matt, and Taylor following him in here. "No. Why Dash?" Nate says, great. Now I broke my brother, one of the few who mean the most to me. "Even the prettiest of things rot." I say while looking at my bleeding wrists. Nate lifts me up and we all walk out of there. "Dude, why are you carrying Dash like that?" Sammy says while chuckling.I pull my wrists towards my chest, the last thing I need is for my bully to know I cut. "Dash hurt herself." Thank god he didn't go into specifics. "Dude, she's fine. She can walk." Sammy says and yanks me out of Nates arms by my wrists. I yelp in pain, quite loudly, and fall to the floor.

~Sammy's POV~

Oh. My. God. Did she do this because of me? I stand there wide eyed and jaw dropped. "Dash..." My voice waves. I let this go to far. I only started bullying her to fit in, which was my biggest mistake. I need to stop this, I can't live with myself knowing she cuts because of me. "Damn it Sam!" Maze yells as she's slapping the shit out of me. "Babe stop!" Cam pulls her off of me. "Nate, go get your truck, I'll get Dash." He nods his head and runs to his truck. "May I?" She shakes her head 'No' "Dash, please. Let me help for once. "Fine, Be gentle please." She says weakly. I lift her up so her legs are wrapped around my waist and her arms draped around my shoulders lazily.

I come to realize, I may like- No. I may Love Dash. I have to stop bullying her, I can't believe I've hurt someone so precious, just to fit in. I won't let this go on, I refuse. I begin to walk her out to Nates truck, which is parked in front of the main entrance. Carter and Aaron see me and give me weird looks, I shrug it off. I don't care anymore, I just don't want to hurt her anymore. I open the front door and hand Dash to Taylor, I get in the the front seat then extend my arms signalling him to give her back to me. She straddles me voluntarily, I wrap my arms around her as the rest attempt and succeed to fit in the back. "I'm just molding, I need to be thrown out." Dash Mumbles.

My eyes widen. "What?"