5. Emily Finds Out

Ashley casually left Beth and Chris to talk and walked over to Mike and Sam. All three of them dropped their plastered smiles when they saw Beth was deep in conversation with Chris.

"Should we tell her?" asked Sam.
"I think we gotta," responded Mike.
"But then she'll feel guilty!" Ashley added.
"Why would she feel guilty!" asked Mike.
"Well, Josh did all this because they went missing, and knowing Beth she probably feels bad she didn't stop the prank," informed Sam.

Ashley looked up out of the huddle and motioned for Emily to come. This conversation was pointless if she already knew all that happened. Emily sashayed over to them.

"What?" she asked.
"What did you tell her?" said other three in sync.
"I told her that Josh was dead. That's it."
Ashley sighed. Michael cursed under his breath. Sam hung her head.
"What? What is it?" asked Emily.
"Josh, he-" Ashley stopped, and sniffed.
"He isn't dead. He pranked us. As revenge. For last year," she finished.
Emily was silent for a moment, all though that moment felt like an eternity. Thoughts of betrayal ran through her head. Sure, it was a little mean, but has they deserved this?
"Where is he now?"
"He's in the shed." responded Mike.
Emily sighed.
"He's probably dead,"
"What?" said everyone else in unison, when all of a sudden they heard a knock on the door.
Everyone froze.
Mike slowly approached the door, lifting his gun up.
"I've got your back," said Chris, tapping his shoulder in a way that everyone found weird except for him and apparently Mike.
"Okay," said Mike, "open the door."
Chris stayed still for a moment.
"What are you doing? Open the door!"
"You know, maybe it would be better, if I had the gun?"
"No."
"Okay then."
(I know that's not actually the dialogue btw)
Chris sighed and walked over to the door.
"Ready?" mouthed Chris, still a little frustrated he didn't get the gun.
"Yes, just open the freaking door!"
Chris pulled the door open, and a man walked through, wearing a large brown coat and goggles.
Beth stared at him for a second, and started to feel faint. This was the guy who was at the cliff. She moved her hands, looking for something to steady her balance. Not finding anything, Beth fell on the ground and everything was black.