2. The Chase

Beth explained to Emily how a stranger was leaving food and a bottle of water in front of the opening once a week. It was just enough so she wouldn't starve to death.

"Oh my God," said Emily, "that sounds horrible!"
"Yeah," laughed Beth sadly.
Everything was silent for a moment.
Then a loud shriek came from behind them. The girls slowly turned around to see a weird human-like creature in the distance.
"Beth, what is that?"
"I...I have no idea,"
Emily grabbed Beth's arm and started to run.
The two girls darted across a bridge and finally reached the outside, only to find that there was no way they could get down from here.
Beth looked around, until her eyes landed on a conveyor belt.
"Em, let's go that way!"
They raced forward, almost losing their balance at the sudden change of momentum. They continued forward for a bit, when they saw the entrance to another conveyor belt to the right.
"Beth, let's get on this one!" said Emily.
"Why can't we just stay on this one?"
"I don't know, gut instinct?"
"Well you can go on that one but in staying here," said Beth stubbornly.
Emily groaned, but stayed on the conveyor belt with Beth.
They continued moving forward when Emily noticed a hole in the ground in front of them. She jumped over it, almost falling into it. After she was over, she looked back in to see it was full of saws and sharp things that were constantly turning. It was a meat grinder.
"Beth watch out!" Emily called towards her friend.

Beth jumped, but tripped and fell backwards. Emily jumped towards her and grabbed her hand. Beth's foot was getting hit repeatedly by the spikes. Emily dragged her up and out of the meat grinder.
Beth winced as she put her weight on her injured foot. Emily turned and ran back to her. She grabbed Beth's shoulder and dragged her forward. They raced  forward.

That is, until they reached a closed door. Emily pulled it open and ushered Beth through. One of the monsters jumped forward and bit Emily's neck. She cried out. Beth pulled Emily out of the things grasp.

They were almost out. The only way down was a precarious looking zip line. Emily turned to face Beth.

"Grab my feet and don't let go, okay?" Emily said to Beth, her bossy qualities shining through.
Beth nodded. Emily raced and jumped onto the zip line. Beth grabbed her feet shortly after. The two flew through the air, leaving the monsters behind.

Emily whooped victoriously. Beth giggled at her friends comical actions. That's when they both noticed the speedily approaching pole.

"Let go!" screamed Emily.
"What about you?"
"Just let go!"
Beth reluctantly let go of Emily's feet and screamed as she plummeted towards the snowy forest ground. Emily smiled when she saw that Beth was alive.

Then she hit the pole head-on, and everything was black.