Chapter 5

(F/N)

   I can feel my breathing became heavier. A girl? Is she a Lusitania soldier? That seems quite impossible though... I can't imagine a girl being a soldier fighting at a war. Could she be a spy perhaps? I can feel my sweat run down my face. I opened my mouth slowly to speak.

   "I am nothing but a traveler travelling that got lost into the woods and somehow ended up here," I said calmly while looking around for a way to escape.

   "Don't toy with me. I'm asking about your name!" the girl asked me, quite irritated.

   "Oh... You didn't ask clearly. I'm (insert fake name)," I said. "How about yours? It's quite unfair to let you know mine when I don't even know yours."

   "And why should I tell you mine?!" the girl exclaimed. "Why did you come here?"

   "Because I told you mine so you should tell me yours and I've decided to stay here to take some rest and think things through and to know where I am now," I said, continuing to look for a way to turn the situation around.

   "I don't believe. If you have that intention from the start, you wouldn't have come here and rummage the place," the girl said, tightening the hold in my wrists. "Now tell me, where are you from?"

   I froze. What should I say? I cannot just say where I'm from, after all. Hmm... I thought of a plan and smirked. I started shaking. I made sniffling sounds. I acted like I'm crying.

   "No, don't... Don't make me remember... Please... I'm done with it. Don't make me remember please..." I said, making my voice sound hoarse and out of breath.

   I smirked again when I felt her hold on me loosen up a bit. Bingo! I pushed her with the weight of my body and hurriedly stood up. I hear her grunt and saw her lose her balance, stumbling a bit. I immediately looked for a sharp thing that could cut the rope, since my dagger is hidden in my belt, and saw my hope. A shard of glass on the corner by a broken window, shining because of the moon's light. I hurriedly ran to the corner and picked up the shard with my tied hands and use it to cut the rope. Luckily, I was able to cut the rope and dodge swiftly before the dagger of the girl could reach me. She keeps slashing her dagger on me, which I kept on dodging.

   "You bastard!" she spat at me.

   I kept backing away until I felt something hit my leg. I look down and saw a broken chair lying on the floor. I could use this to see how good she is... I picked up a piece of the chair's wood and began to throw it at her which she perfectly dodged every piece I threw. She's good!

   I pulled out my own hidden dagger and attacked her back. We kept slashing and parrying each others weapon.

   "I'm impressed. Being able to keep up with me. You're good," the girl said as she dodged my attack.

   "So am I. It isn't everyday that I found someone who can keep up with me," I smirked playfully.

   "Say, why don't we make this fight more interesting?" she said.

   "What do you suggest?" I asked, interested.

   "Who ever knocks out the other's dagger wins and gets to question the loser on whatever they want to ask or make them do whatever they want to do with the loser, deal?" the girl suggested her idea.

   This is both beneficial and dangerous to me. But am I prepared for this? Are my skills good enough? No... No time to think about that! I'm a (L/n)! I've got this...

   I looked at the girl.She's confident about this. I stepped forward and throw down my glove at the girl's feet. "A duel you ask?"

   "A duel it is!" the girl picked up the glove I threw.

-=-=-=-=-=-

Disclaimer:

I don't own Arslan Senki (The Heroic Legend of Arslan). It belongs to Yoshiki Tanaka and Hiromu Arakawa. I only own some plot changes and the like but most of the story (characters, places, etc.) belong to the authors.

-=-=-=-=-=-

A/N:

I know that this one's short and quite incomplete. I just want to make another chapter for the duel and revelations to who the girl is and all.

I've also decided that I'm going to update every month. It would be either once or twice or if possible thrice (I hope...) a month. Meaning I will update next month, any time in Feb. So please don't hate me. :)