Chapter 15

(F/N)

   "Ah! Delicious as always! Your cooking skills are amazing, Elam!" I exclaimed. I brought the spoon to my mouth and happily swallowed the last piece of meat. "Another! I want seconds!" I motioned the plate to our cook, to which he took.

   "You sure eat a lot, (F/n)," Gieve remarked.

   "I can't help it. I'm hungry, after all," I said. "But, don't you agree that this is delicious?" I looked at Arslan who sighed in contentment.

   "(F/n), t-that's - " Elam stuttered a bit.

   "Elam's culinary skills are superb," Daryun said.

   "No one in Mithra Temple can even compare," Farangis agreed.

   I can see that Elam is containing the happiness he feels because of the compliments. But he can't help but smile. "Thank you for your compliments. Then I'll go wash the dishes," he said with glee.

   "You'll make a good housewife, you know," I said unconsciously. I only realized that I have said something... hilarious, in my opinion, when I heard Elam shout my name and saw his face became red with embarrassment. I can't help myself but laugh at his reaction. "What?"

   "A good housewife? What do you think of me? A girl?" Elam exclaimed, his blush darkened.

   "Of course not!" I tried saying it in a serious tone but a giggle betrayed me.

   Gieve seemed to like his reaction and decided to join in. "I can't help but agree with Miss (F/n). It really is true. You have what it takes to be one."

   Elam's face become redder than it already was, if that is even possible, but it was not of embarrassment anymore but of anger. "Shut up!" He hurriedly gathered the dishes and disappeared into the forest.

   "Looks like I've gone too far on that one," I said with slight guilt.

   "But you've got to admit, it was quite fun to tease him, right?" Gieve asked.

   I only responded with a giggle. "I'm going to find him and apologize." I said before going into the forest to find Elam. It was fun teasing him but I guess that was too much. Now where did he ran off? He brought the dishes with him which means that he would be by a river or a stream or a pond or as long as there is water.

   I wandered aimlessly, hoping to come across what I'm looking for. I stop every once in a while to listen, trying to find a sound that signifies that there is water. "Looks like I'm out of luck," I sighed. This has been the tenth time I stopped and listened. "Maybe he headed to another direction?" I murmured. I have been walking in a straight path ever since I left the others. That way, I can be sure that if I got tired finding him, I can always go back without getting lost. "Geez, Elam where are you?" I shouted. Maybe he'd hear me.

   As I trod down a path that somewhat leads downhill or something like that, I wanted to jump with joy. I was able to hear faint the sound of the movement of water. I can feel the breeze becoming a cooler. I'm lucky after all.

   "Ela - " I was about to call him but seeing his engrossed face in washing the dishes, a sneaky plan appeared in my mind. I tried my best in order not to make a noise as I slowly move towards him. I know that he might be mad at me but I just can't help it. I reached out my right hand to grab his shoulder but to my surprise, he grabbed it and then pushed me on the ground. I let out a groan when he started twisting my right arm behind my back and froze when I felt a dagger on my neck.

   "Do you think you'll be able to attack me?" he coldly asked.

   "Elam, it's me, (F/n)," I choked out.