Chapter 11

ARSLAN

   I stared at Kharlan's dead body, shaking. This cannot be happening. He may have sided with the enemy now but he is still a soldier of Pars. I know that I must believe that he is gone but a part of me wishes that I want him alive.

   "Your Highness," I can hear Daryun call me but I remained silent.

   "It seems King Andragoras is alive." What Narsus said shocked me. "My lord father?"

   "Unfortunately, we were unable to get anything else out of him," he continued.

   "My lord father is alive?" I asked again. I could not believe it. It's not impossible but I never saw him again after the battle in the fields of Atropatene. I really thought that lord father had died.

   "Your Highness, if he is alive, you will surely see him again someday. If the Lusitanian army has kept the king alive to this day, they must have a good reason. And they will surely continue to refrain from inflicting undue harm," I looked at Daryun who started talking, trying to encourage me to believe that lord father is really alive.

   "Yes," was the only answer I had utter. I took a look at Kharlan's corpse before standing up.

   I spotted an unknown man in the corner of my eye making me turn around to face him. I recognized him as the man that helped us fight the Lusitanian. I also remembered the woman with the arrow. A companion of his maybe? Even though he had helped us with the fight, I can't help but be wary of him. He's a complete stranger. And I know that Narsus and Daryun also felt the same. We don't know if he's an ally or not, we've got to be careful.

   "Miss Farangis, where are you?" the man called.

   "Hmm," I quietly hum unconsciously. So she really is his companion and the woman's name is Farangis. But now that I've noticed. She doesn't seem to be around. Also Elam. I worriedly looked from side to side hoping to spot him. Was he caught up in the fight? That couldn't be, right?

   "Narsus, have you seen Elam?" I asked.

   "No, I haven't, Your Highness," Narsus answered calmly. "He may be around, scouting for nearby enemies."

   Nodding a little, I hope he actually is.

ELAM

   My breathing was heavy. I did not expect to see (F/n) here, especially in a battlefield. If she wasn't wearing the outfit of a Lusitanian soldier, she wouldn't get hurt this badly. I had her in my arms. I didn't dare to carry her in my back nor run, but I'm walking in a fast pace, and cause additional pain to her because of her wound.

   "So you do know her?" Lady Farangis, who's walking with me, asked.

   "Yes, I do," I answered. "In fact, she's a good friend." I added. I do consider (F/n) as a friend of mine and a really good one.

   Lady Farangis only nodded. I picked my pace, in a more faster manner, when the backs of Lord Daryun and Lord Narsus came to view.

   "Lord Narsus!" I called, breathless.

ARSLAN

   I shielded my eyes as I walked out of the small cave we have decided to stay at. I have to admit, the fight scared me. Even if it went according to plan, I was still nervous that it may not go as expected. But still, I trusted Narsus' plan and the success made me happy and relieved that nothing that bad happened.

   "It seems that the others are not around," I sighed. I re-enter the cave and slowly approach the sleeping figure of (F/n). It took me by surprise to see her being carried by Elam, and to add to that, wounded. It frightened me when I saw her limp body, with her side bleeding. I felt relieved when Elam said that she's just unconcious. I brushed some strands of hair away from her face.

   "Still the old brave (F/n), huh?" I said softly, sitting on the spot beside her. I started stroking her hair.

(F/N)

   I can feel myself escaping from a black room, more like, I started regaining conciousness. My senses were slowly coming to life. I can hear the soft rustles of the leaves of the trees. I can also feel someone stroking my hair. Wait... What? I felt a finger of mine twitch. My body itching to move. I wanted to see who is around. With all my strength, since my body still feels heavy, I slowly opened my eyes. I let my eyes adjust for a few seconds before blinking them again and again before turning to the male to my side, who is within my vision.

   My eyes widen in shock when I saw that it was Arslan. He, too, is looking at me with wide eyes. Without warning, he pulled me into a hug. I was about to hug him back when a sudden jolt of pain rushed throughout my body.

   "Argh!" I held back a scream. Arslan, hearing my sudden reaction, pulled away instantly and looked at my pained face before looking at my side with a worried look. I also looked at my side to find it bleeding.

   "A-Ah!" I exclaimed. I got to calm Arslan down. "Don't worry. I'm fine. T-The wound just opened because of my sudden movement. No need to worry!"

   If possible, Arslan's eyes widen more. I can now see fear in his eyes. He may have led the fight last night but I know that he panics when he sees his friends wounded and in trouble. I believe that he'll be able to overcome it but not now.

   "I've got to find Daryun and the others but I can't leave you here alone. What should I do?" Arslan started to mumble.

   Oh dear...

-=-=-=-=-=-

Disclaimer:

I don't own Arslan Senki (The Heroic Legend of Arslan). It belongs to Yoshiki Tanaka and Hiromu Arakawa. I only own some plot changes and the like but most of the story (characters, places, etc.) belong to the authors.

-=-=-=-=-=-

A/N:

I kinda changed some parts here and Elam and Arslan seem OOC. xD Oh well...

I really have the habit of updating every last day of the month, eh? Sorry about that. School's been really busy but I'll make it up to you guys. Enjoy the update and stay tuned for more~