Chapter 9:He'll Never Love Me Back

CHAPTER 9: He'll Never Love Me Back

I finally asked if I could get time off from work and I got a whole 2 weeks off,I don't know how I'm going to keep busy.My time off starts tomorrow and I'm still on my shift at Starbucks and it was and still is busy.I have 5 minutes left until I can go home and sleep even thought it's like 5 in the afternoon.

"Rose." My boss Luke says from behind me.

"Yeah Luke."

"I'll take over, you can go home early you've worked hard enough."

"Okay whatevar ya say.Thanks,Luke." I answer with a smile.

I take my uniform off and head out home but before that I go to the hospital where Dad still is after all this time.Still not better.

I walk to Dad's room only to find it empty the only thing that hit me was that he died and instantly tears were streaming down my face.

"Mam may I ask who you are?" A lady asked.

"Rose Ravenwood.W-what happened to my father that was here?" I ask with tears.

"He went into surgery a couple of hours ago and I think that he surgery is done now and if I'm not mistaken he's been moved to the 3 floor room 342B." She answers.

I really look crazy right now I thought he died why didn't Mom call me I mean really who doesn't call saying your Dad that has cancer is going into surgery.Really.

"Okay thank you,I thought something else happened to him.Thanks again." I say to the nice nurse and go to the elevator and hit the button that goes to the 3rd floor.As I was waiting and listening to the catchy but annoying song when I notice the person behind me and it was Luke.

"Luke?" I say confused.

"Rose?" He says confused.

"May I ask what you're doing here?" I say in a kind manner.

"Oh my Mom fell from our stairs and she broke her hip and some bruises.May I ask what your here for?"

"My Dad,he just got out of surgery,he had cancer and I hope that the surgery got most of it out maybe he can live a little longer." I answer almost crying again.

"Oh I'm so sorry I hope he's okay." He says.

"Thank you,I hope your Moms okay."

"Thanks as well."

"Well,here's my stop.It was nice to talk to someone." I say and was about to walk out when he grabbed my wrist I turn and look at him in a confused way. 

"Rose,I know this is not the time to ask something like this but maybe tomorrow would you like to go on a date with me?" He asked with hopeful eyes. Sad,confused,excitement,worry,fulled me it was a emotional shit storm that just hit me.

"Yeah,this really isn't the time or place." I say and his face turned into a frown.

"But Yeah I would like to go on a date with you." I say again this time with a smile,his face lit up he smiled,nodded,and let go of my wrist and I walked out and the doors closed. 

My smile faded and I looked for the room my Father was in and to my luck it was the first room from the elevator.I walk in and the first thing I see is Mom and Dad holding hands,(awww how cute!!!) but that doesn't change at how angry I am at her for not telling me that Dad had surgery.

"Daddy how are you feeling? Are you okay? How could you not tell me that he was getting surgery?" I rant on.

"Honey,honey I'm fine and don't worry I told her not to tell you but I have news for you they said the surgery was successful and the cancer is gone and I'm so happy." Dad explains but why did he want to keep the surgery a secret maybe he knew I would make a big deal of it.