Reality

Dawn

Upper east Manhattan

How long since she has seen him Kadence asked herself for the million time. Three months.

But it felt like centuries she could never quite explain it no one has ever had this effect on her but this mysterious guy or as she liked to call him Hazel eyes did. His angelic features stood rooted in her memory and her body.

Why did he kiss her upon their first encounter? Why did he steal one of her gifts but even as she reprimanded herself she knew she would never change it. Her first kiss was stolen like a lover in the night. Rolling over in her bed she sighed. The dream appeared again last like every night since she met him and it was killing her, and she couldn't have that.

He was just another guy that happens to be kind enough to help her break her fall and maybe steal her first kiss...... but no matter how many times she told herself this her heart refused to believe that and that has always been her problem. Thinking that great things happen and that their meant to last how wrong she was in that department. The guilt of losing her twin sister is a perfect reminder of this. The pain never really went away it just became a dull ache that she thought she could manage sometimes but it still brought her to her knees.

It's just another stupid dream she told herself fiercely and she'll get through it she always have always will. That's it she told herself as she rolled out of bed heading towards the bathroom in her silky pink thigh length night gown. Wind blew gently from the slightly open window on the second story building but she ignored it pushing forward to her destination. The slight light from the early morning sun reflected off the glass surrounding her classical modern home bring a slight bout of happiness that she experiences once the day gets brighter, reminding her of happy memories that she holds close to her heart to keep the darkness at bay. If only for a little while for if she could think, about good things for a short time life could get easier and maybe one day she'll move on.......

Well maybe. She shivered as her feet made contact with the smooth tiles beneath her as she moved about the room getting ready for a bath. She set the tub with water choosing the correct temperature, adding her lavender scented body wash as she went along.

Today as much as she'd like to relax that would not be the case her mother was expected at any second and she didn't want to displease her. She settled in the tub quickly scrubbing away as she tried to remain calm.

Moving quickly she walked back into her room as she slipped on her robe to conceal her naked flesh she then took her time getting dress hopping to stall the encounter but knowing she'd fail miserably might she add. Within minutes she was dressed in a black figure hugging knee length skirt with a pink designer blouse that gave her a classical look than that of her eighteen years but that's how mother wanted her to dress and she'd gladly do it to make her happy. Her makeup was done in a natural look to complete the look as she added a pink and black Perry shoes and her black Gucci bag to top off her look, her black hair was coiled in a neat bun atop her head. She looked at her reflection in the mirror satisfied with her appearance.

Buzzzz. Buzzzz.

Her doorbell rang loudly in her apartment she did her final inspection of her appearance making sure everything thing was perfect before answering the door let the games begin.

******************************

She opened the door to reveal the cool and static face of none other than her mother Kiara Santiago. Her usual neatly coiled auburn hair was let lose hanging mid back in intricate curls. Piercing dark violet eyes held her light violet ones robing her wrinkle free face of warmth leaving a shell of the person she once was.

Memories of her mother before the heart wrenching tragedy flew across her mind bringing a sense of love and peace to her mind, but sadly that was short lived.

"Are you going to steer at me all day or are you going to let me in have I not taught you enough manners." she spoke sternly her voice void of any emotion.

"No please, I apologize come in can I get you anything"

She spoke as she swept out of the way heading towards the kitchen as she remained a neutral expression that's how she learnt how to deal with her issue.

Act nice.

Never let what she says get to you.

Agree with everything she said. And obey every order she gives like sis did.

"No I'm good let's get straight to the point " she said tilting her head as she picked off invisible lint off her dark blue slightly tight office dress her black pumps gave the extra height as she towered over my five foot five figure making her look intimidating, and nothing like a mother . Her bow shape lips similar to her own was turned down in a frown with her perfectly done eyebrow raised.

"Straight to the point now aren't we not even a huge"

She joked but by her expression she could see it was another major failed attempt at lighting the mood. She should really try to get better at this causes honestly she sucked. She thought.

"Look her Missy, I've come here to tell you one thing and that is it seems luck is on your Side" she snickered.

Well this can't be good she thought placing her hands on her hips refusing to meet her mother's gaze for fear of cowering under her power.

"What do you mean by that mother" refraining from using first name basis knowing that she hated when she called her that.

"You're getting married"

Shock that's what she feeling right now it had to be for this lady was crazy like coo coo cause she was not marrying anyone. She screamed silently in her head.

Haaaaha the ringing of her laughter rang loud in the slightly hallow apartment.

"Me married that's a good one mom I almost believed you there". But what she heard after a moment stopped her.

Silence. Her mother who had a comeback for everything said nothing she was not kidding and she was royally screwed.

"It's a marriage contact darling your father will be discussing it with you today at lunch ". She chanted as she walked gracefully towards the door, closing it gently behind her...

If she thought she was marrying some guy she didn't know she was crazy. Daddy would understand she'd figure it out by lunch time at least she hoped.