Fires in the Garage

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" I say to one of my best friends, Sophia as I pull out a box of matches from a shelf in my shed. She smiles and nods.

"Yeah sure but let's light it in your garage" She says. We walk around the back to the blue paint-chipping door.

"Shoot, it's locked!" Sophie says. I click the lock open and open the door with a creak.

"Oh, well I assumed-" Sophie starts. I shush her and hide the matches behind my back.

"Anyone in here?" I ask. No response. We tip-toe in and find a glass jar and a bunch of wood-shavings left over from when my dad built my treehouse.

We light the fire for the next few months and soon summer came.

"Woah, I'm scared" I say as my mom -storming down the sidewalk- speeds towards us.

"Is something wrong?" I ask her in my sweetest tone.

"Uh, yeah" She says and pulls out a jar of wood shavings burnt to the crisp.

"Hmm, Elsa is in big trouble" I say.

"Ha-ha-ha, you should see the look on Sophia's face" Mom snaps back.

"I think I have to eat" Sophie says. She tries to back up but keep a firm grip on her shirt sleeve.

We were in big trouble for that 'stunt', I mean no leaving the block with each other, even though we live sooo close to Dairy Queen and Knowlans!

We have always thought our parents over-reacted!