Chapter 6

I'd just got home from school. I finished my homework within two hours. I'm just so excited to go to the party. Adam said I didn't have to bring anything, but I bought him something anyway. I know that he really likes the band Queen, so I bought one of those T- shirts. I ran up to my room and tried to pick out what I was gonna wear. Not something dressy but maybe something casual. Finally, I decided to wear my 5SOS T-Shirt and some jeans.

Soon, I heard James come in.

"Your really excited to see him aren't you?" He said.

"I just like seeing him." I replied.

It was quiet for a few seconds. Then James said

"You like him don't you."

"I mean, he's nice, cute, and really funny. But I don't know."

But come on!!! Really!? We're just friends...ish.

Time seemed forever before it was 5:50, which was the time I was planning on leaving.

"Don't get hurt ok?" Tris said.

"I won't trust me." I replied.

He smiled and hugged me goodbye and I was on my way. I have a blue 2015 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab pickup truck. Adam thinks it's cool that I like pickups.

When I got to his house, there were already a lot of cars there. He must be very popular. He's not famous but he does want to be a singer. Like me. I've wanted to be one since I was five. I taught myself how to sing. I'm ok at it, but people say I'm really good at it.

It was starting to get a little dark, so I decided to head to the door. I walked in and saw a bunch of teenagers. I found Adam by the staircase.

"Hey! Happy birthday!" I yelled.

He smiled

"Thank you! I'm so glad you could make it." He replied.

I handed him the present. He saw the shirt and smiled.

"You didn't have to Kaitlyn." He said holding it in his hands.

"Well I wanted to." I replied.

There was a whole bunch of music. Some of it I recognized. I found Tommy with this other guy.

"Hey Katie!" Tommy said.

Now Tommy calls me by my nickname. I'm used to it.

"This is Terrence." Tommy said pointing to the dude next to him. "

Hey." I said.

"Hey Kaitlyn. I've heard a lot about you." Terrence replied.

I hung out with them for a little. Terence is a dancer. He showed me a few moves. He's really good.

Around eight, I heard a song. A song that I really liked. It took me a second to realizes what it was. The song was Jet Black Heart by 5SOS. I looked up and saw Adam.

"Come here." He said.

I followed him to his bedroom. I could still hear the song pretty good. "What's up?" I asked.

He started to blush.

"It's just..."He said.

"It just what?" I asked.

"I really, really like you." He replied.

My heart skipped a beat.

"Really?" I said.

He took a deep breath then said

"Yeah...it's just your really funny and really kind. Sweet. Most of all... your beautiful."

Beautiful? Nobody's ever called me that! Well, besides family, but still!

"You... you really think I'm beautiful?" I asked.

"The most beautiful girl I've ever met." He replied smiling.

The song was at Calum's part before the last chorus. I was dancing with Adam at that time.

"The blood in my veins, is made up of mistakes,
let's for get who we are, and dive in to the dark,
as we burst into colors returning to life."

As the lyric were playing, Adam whispered

"For my birthday, I want you to be mine. If that's ok with you."

I smiled and so did he.

"Cause I've got a jet black heart"

When that was playing, Adam leaned in and kissed me. Afterward, I looked at him and just smiled. That kiss felt great. He's a pretty good kisser. The song ended shorty after, so we went back downstairs to hang out with Tommy and Terrence.

It was ten and everyone was leaving. Soon, it was just Adam, Tommy, Terrence and I. Tommy went to his room and Terrence went to the guest room. So it was just me and Adam in the living room.

"Wanna watch a movie?" He asked.

"I'd love to!" I replied.

He knows this one movie I like and polled it out.

"Pixels?" He asked

"You know me so well already." I replied.

I told Brad I was staying over and that I was ok and having fun.

Brad 😝: Don't let the Tris monster kill you 😛

Me: Your such a dork lol I'll see tomorrow 😉

Brad: Alrighty

Adam and I sat on the couch. We cuddled and watched the movie. I love this movie cause it has my favorite actors, it's funny, and it's about video games, reminding me of Andrew. It was around 11:40 when the movie ended. Adam fell asleep holding me in his arms. I kissed him on the forehead and whispered

"I really like you too. Maybe we can go out sometime."

Soon, I fell asleep in his arms.