separated

Another school year ended and we would graduate from Junior High that month. We rushed past a group of students to see the final exam result on the announcement board. You shouldered some aside to give me a way. We searched for our names and I squealed a little when I found my name on the left side of the list.

3. Byun Baekhyun

"Hey, third place! Baekhyun! You!" You slapped my arms a few times with much strength from excitement.

"Aw--yea--stop hitting me!" I murmured, face burning red. You were so loud, the people of Australia might have heard you.

We took a bit of time searching your name, and there it was, on the bottom part of the list on the right.

127. Park Chanyeol

I could feel the happiness suddenly left every single of my bones. You stepped out the crowd first, I followed right behind you.

"Hey, it's okay." I patted your shoulder. For the first time since we had known each other, your face was gloomy. "At least we both passed."

You let out a heavy sigh. "But... we won't be in the same school anymore. With your grades, you can enroll in a better school than me."

"Well, I can always follow your choice, no biggie..."

"No!" You grabbed my wrist and forced me to look at your eyes. "Find the best school and study there. Don't go with this dumbass."

"Hey, you're not a dumbass."

"Okay, I'm not. But you are, if you follow me."

I bit my lower lip, thinking of an argument so that you would listen, but then you said, "You know, I always envy you, Baek. You're smart, good at sports, teachers favor you, your parents are nice too..."

"What am I compared to you?" I replied jokingly. "You're tall and funny. And you're hot, daaaamn! You're literally the embodiment of attractiveness. Oh, my poor heart..."

You laughed half-heartedly. "Stop it, you're cringy. Oh, God."

Maybe I should've followed you then, so that everything wouldn't turn out like what it is now.

- this story has no regular timeline. i just write what comes to mind at a time :3 -