said

I woke up at 3 a.m that night because my phone went off. I forgot to turn it off before falling asleep. I reached for that thing from the nightstand beside my bed. It was a call from your house number. Why would you call me from your landline when you had your own cellphone?

Confused and half asleep, I picked up the call, "Hello?"

"Is this Baekhyun?" I immediately recognized your mother's voice.

I cleared my dry throat. "Yes, Ma'am."

"I'm sorry to wake you up, Baekhyun-ie. But, is Chanyeol there with you?"

I looked around my empty room. Of course not. "No," I replied.

"Do you know where he is?"

"No."

"Oh, God. We're so worried... It's almost 3 and he isn't home yet. If he calls you, can you tell him to call us back please?"

"Of course, Ma'am."

"Thank you so much."

"No prob--"

Your mother hung up before I finished my words. Maybe she was going to call the others, but let's be real, she didn't know that much about your friends, did she?

I put down my phone and laid my head back on the pillow.

I was pretty sure I had an idea where you were. At one of your friend's house, partying with girls and liquor. Maybe you were falling asleep somewhere, too drunk to drive back home at the moment. Or maybe you were just fucking with random people you met at those parties you liked so much. You did that with anyone, right? Your parents knew nothing about this. About you. But I did.

And your parents said I wasn't dependable. Ha-ha-ha. Look what happened to their son.