Chapter 19 : Love is blind, friendship closes its eyes.

" Good friends don't let you do stupid things..... alone. "

Aiza's POV

" Aiza, I wanted to say this to you for so long. "

I could feel my body shivering. A feeling of an unknown happiness took over me. The moment he took my name, I was on cloud nine. My breathing became uneven. He knelt down and opened a small blue box that revealed a beautiful diamond ring with an emerald on top of it. I couldn't believe it. It was him. I would be engaged to him, it's Hamza. It feels like a dream, a beautiful dream that I've always wanted to live in reality. Finally the much awaited day, the day of my dreams has come and all my dreams are gonna turn into reality . All that I wanted is gonna be mine very soon In Sha Allah. I've dreamt of this day for so long and I can't believe everything is happening so soon. In a blink of an eye, my life would be completely changed.

" I love you Aiza. Will you marry me? "

With hopeful eyes, he looked at me. I froze at the spot. I had so many emotions hidden that words can't describe. My eyes became blurred with the tears of joy and happiness. And I'm so happy that I want to dance like crazy but I can do nothing except to stare at him with an expressionless face. Suddenly something happened and I fell down.

" Aiza, what happened? Are you alright? " I could hear his voice. He was calling my name.

"Aiza, wake up. " Hamza yelled and slapped on my cheeks. Wait what?

I immediately opened my eyes and everyone stared at me and started laughing.

Damn!!

" Wake up. " Hera again patted on my cheek, literally slapped and whispered in my ears.

" Welcome back to the world of reality Ms sleeping beauty " I raised my head from the table and Mrs. Croften Home, my english teacher was standing beside my seat and looked at me with disgust. She is the most strict teacher of the entire college, though my favourite but anyways, I'm dead.

" Lack of sleep, Ma'am. "

I looked at her with my puppy dog eyes and gave her a sheepish toothy smile.

" Lack of sleep or too busy dreaming ? Sparing you this time. " She left saying this and continued teaching and my friends, Hera and kulsum gave me an evil grin. Not gonna spare them!

After attending that long class, which I had no interest in, we headed towards the canteen. Hera and kulsum still did not have enough of teasing me because of today's embarrassments. I wonder why do they love to irritate me this much?

" Now tell us, whom were you dreaming about? You know you were actually smiling and blushing the whole while you were sleeping? " Warisha winked at me and asked me with her mouth full of spring rolls.

" Lame Hera. It has to be her prince charming. " Kulsum stick out her toungue at me.

They are my closest friends but still I did not want to tell about my feelings for Hamza to them but all thanks to the great Zaara. I knew they would not spare a chance to tease me.

" You both started again. " I rolled my eyes at them trying to hide my blush.

" Oh how could I forget that she is no more our friend. She tried to hide things from us. " Hera said to Kulsum and dramatically wiped her invisible tears.

" You drama queen how I can forget that you grabbed the opportunity to actually slap me so hard while waking me up in the class. " I tried to give them a very serious look but ended up in laughing crazily and the two of them joined.

We are a group of four, Hera, kulsum, Hana and me. Instead of studying, we do all crazy things in the college. All of us are totally extrovert and we can talk to seriously anyone and that to about anything, be it about NASA's latest discovery which we don't have any idea about. We can talk endlessly for hours and hours and don't get tired.

We had decided to go to Kulsum's house directly after college and today Hana did not come to college, we decided to inform her about our plan and ask her to join us.

______

" Kulsum, better you focus on driving. I informed mum that I'm going to your house, not any hospital. "

Kulsum was telling crazy jokes which were not even funny and laughing like an idiot that I doubted we would reach safely. Though I shouted so many times to focus on driving but all in vain. Hera and kulsum wouldn't stop being crazy. I always enjoy their talks but this time it was killing me.

I dialled Hana's number giving deathly glares to Kulsum.

" Assalam Alaikum. We are on the way to Kulsum's house, come quickly. You wouldn't want to miss the fun isn't it. " The moment she answered the call, I spoke really loud for I doubted if my voice would be audible in between that ghostly laughter.

" Walekum Assalam. Yes, sure I will be there. I don't wanna miss the fun. " After a moment of silence, a manly voice replied. But Hana is a girl, isn't it!

" Ummm.. May I talk to Hana? " I was really confused. Hana doesn't have a brother and her father lives abroad. Then who could this be? And the voice seems very similar.

" Why? You don't want to talk to me Aiza? "

The person on the other side giggled.

I immediately looked on my screen. Oh no! Instead of Hana I just called Hamza.

" Hamza? " This name was all to bring pin drop silence in the car and all the eyes were on me. I felt like a runaway criminal with the way these two ladies were looking at me.

" No, I'm Hana. " He laughed.

" Umm .. I'm sorry. Actually I was calling my friend Hana and by mistake called you. "

" Are you sure it was by mistake Aiza? " This guy!!

" Yes, sadly it was by mistake. "  I replied laughing and trying to speak confidently earning more glares from my friends.

" I hope when I get your call the next time, it isn't by mistake." This guy is actually enjoying my embarrassment.

" Allah hafiz Hamza." The moment I said this, I earned more deathly glares from Hera and Kulsum. They were asking me to continue talking to him and I frowned my eyebrows at them.

" Allah hafiz Aiza, take care. "

" Take care. " I disconnected the call though I'm sure he must not have heard my last sentence because my wonderful friends had a couching attack. They love to do these things.

********

Alhumdulilah, it was an amazing day. After a long time we enjoyed this much. Though the main topic was him. They were asking about my childhood memories and what not. I was given a huge lecture for hiding this from them for so long and when I told them that it wasn't worth telling, all the cushions kept on the bed were thrown on me and ultimately I had to surrender and apologize to them with a promise that I'm gonna share everything from now.

________

Assalam Alaikum everyone.
How are you all?
Hope you liked the chapter.
Do vote and comment.

All the silent readers, be active! :p

Xoxo!!♡♡♡

-Ayesha & Zainab