Streets

Aaron's POV

      Rain falling. Hands in pockets. Hood on. Eyes on the ground. Empty streets. Empty mind.

      I walk on the sidewalk of my neighborhood. I don't know where I'm going but I'm going somewhere. Looking down and trying to not make eye contact. There wasn't that many people but there were people.

    All I really wanted in life was to be... Free. My family is rich. We live in a huge mansion. My whole life I have stayed there.

     I was home schooled with my sister. The only out doors place we could go to was the courtyard or the front lawn. My life was like a prison.

     My sister, Annie, and I planned on a huge escape to just leave this place. But it didn't happen...

Flashback

"Aaron!" She says and runs toward me. I just came home from my first time outdoors with my friends. "Guess what?!"

"What?! Is mom and dad okay?!" I say. I was panicking. My parents did make us stay in this prison but we still love them. So if anything happens to them I would obviously cry.

"No you dimwit." She says and smacks me in the head.

"Ow." I say rubbing the part she hit, "So what happened?"

"I finally found out my GPA." She say with such a huge grin, "My GPA is.... 4.0!! " she says jumping into my arms. I am so proud of her, it has been her life long dream. She stayed up night after night on every homework, project and etc. and it finally paid off. I hugged her so tight and I never wanted to let go.

"I am so proud of you Annie!" I say as I still hug her, "let's go out. My treat. Anywhere you want  I will bring you there."  I say and I feel her smile.

"I know exactly where I want to go." She says, "but it will be a surprise so I have to drive."

"Okay. Okay." I say.

-BZZ-

     I pull my phone out.

Me: Hello?

It was an unknown number so I obviously didn't know who it was.

...: May I speak to Aaron Anderson?

"Who is it?" Annie asks and I respond with a shrug.

Me: Speaking...

...: Sir this is Dr. Landry, your father got into a car crash. He is really hurt. Your mother couldn't come so she said to call you to come over.

Me: What!? W-was he d-drunk? I say tears falling. I look at my sister and she looks very worried.

Dr.: We will tell you what happened once you come here. We are at St. Jeffersons hospital and-

Me: We will be there soon. Thank you so much.

I say and hang up.

"Get your coat, phone and wallet. We are going. Now!" I say and we rush to the car.

    I tell her everything in the car and we rush to St. Jeffersons. Once we arrive.. I guess it was too late....

Flashback end

     Just thinking what happened... It hurt so much. We weren't close but.... I was apparently the reason of his.. His.... Death. I  feel a tear roll down. I stopped the rest. I couldn't let them fall. I just couldn't.

    Once we reached the hospital, he was okay. But... He was on a wheel chair. He looked very hurt and he was struggling to get to us. I thought it'd be easy to get to him fast and help him. So I drove to him. Apparently I couldn't control my speed and.... We crashed... Everything was happening so soon that I just close my eyes and the last thing I heard was Annie screaming out my name...

     Ever since his death, my mom hated me. She never looked at me. Never talked to me. Never stayed in the same room as me. I guess I forced her too much to accept my apology that she kicked me out. It wasn't easy to find shelter from my relatives because they despised me. They didn't want me. They didn't want anything to do with me.

I just live in my car. Of course I have money. So food, gas and all that stuff was not much of a problem. But apparently I was.....