Meeting the Family

Helllloooo!

How's everyone doing?

This is a request from hazzaisthebae1313, and it's pretty long so I hope you like it!
-------------------------------------------

It's a cold winter's day, the day before Christmas Eve, and the sun is setting slowly, a big blended ball of orange and pink sitting low in the sky. Christmas lights illuminate houses up and down the street and Louis' breath comes out in puffs of smoke, swirling in the air. He rubs his mitten-clad hands together to warm them up, turning to face his curly-haired lover. "Are you excited to meet my family?" Louis asks, climbing into their black Range Rover. "Of course!" Harry exclaims, a warm smile spreading across his lips. "If they're anything like you then I'm sure they're lovely."

Louis rolls his eyes, smiling fondly. "Always the charmer," Louis drawls pushing Harry's shoulder, causing the bigger boy to sway slightly. The younger boy starts the car and pulls out of their driveway to begin the three hour drive to see Louis' family for Christmas, singing along to the radio and talking about the upcoming festivities.

***

(A/n ^ snowflakes, bruh! ^)

After five hours (they took a looot of pit stops), they finally arrive at Louis' family's house. Harry stops the car and lets out a sigh, glancing at the boy in the passengers seat. Louis sits curled up into a ball, his Ugg boots laying on the car floor in a small puddle of water and his knees pulled to his chest. The cold quickly sets in and his breaths once again turn into clouds of smoke as he inhales and exhales steadily. The curly-haired boy leans across the middle console to press kisses to Louis' face in hopes of waking the small boy up. The sleeping boy scrunches up his nose at the feeling and bats at Harry's face, causing the younger boy to let out a squeak of surprise. Harry decides to try something else so he gets out if the car and goes around to Louis' side, opening the passenger side door.

"Hey baby, wake up! C'mon sleepyhead, you gotta get up now!"

Louis groans softly and sticks his arms out, making grabby hands at the boy in front of him. "You lazy little bum." The small boy cracks an eye open to peek up at Harry. He stands there with a fond smile on his face, and he sighs, bending down to pick Louis up. "I swear Tomlinson, you're such a little menace," Harry states, pinching Louis' side gently. The older boy squeaks and hits Harry's hand away before pinching one of the curly-haired boy's cheeks, flushed from the cold.

Louis lays his head back down on Harry's shoulder and closes his eyes, drifting back into a fuzzy, sleepy state. He hears the doorbell being rung and the sound of footsteps rushing up to the door. "Oh hello!" The voice of his mother, Jay, greets as the door opens and a rush of warm air envelops them. "You must be Harry."

"I'd sure hope so," Louis mumbles half-heartedly, a yawn leaving his lips soon after. His mom swats him on the bum and motions for Harry to carry Louis in.

"It's only about 10:30, so if you want, I've made some chocolate chip cookies and the girls are finishing up a movie," Jay offers. Harry sets Louis down, and he sways on his feet a bit before the taller boy steadies him with a massive hand on the small of his back. Louis rubs the sleep out of his eyes with tiny fists and clings to Harry's arm for a bit of support while they all walk into the living room. Four young girls sit on the couch; a giant fuzzy green blanket is strewn across them and they all stare intently at the screen, which plays The Spongebob Movie.