Chapter 3

Today is the day of the bell test. This should be fun. I already know that most of the kids will probably target me, seeing as I'm their age. Kakashi will hold one bell, and I will hold one.

When I arrive at the field, I realize that I'm the first one there, so I take out my book and continue reading. The book is by my dad, Jiraiya. No, it's not Icha Icha Paradise, it's a rather interesting book on chakra.

I was in the middle of a paragraph when I felt a small chill going down my back. I lift my eyes up to see Sasuke Uchiha studying me intently. "Can I help you?" I ask. He breaks his gaze. "No, it's nothing." Confused, I turn back to my book, but I only managed to read one more sentence before I'm interrupted by an annoyingly shrill voice.

"Sasuke-kun!" I look over at him smirking, as he looks back with true terror. Sighing I put my hands together "Transform!" I say quietly. I turn into what I hope is an exact look alike of Sasuke. "Hide!" I whisper. He nods and dashes away, just as Sakura comes into view. "SASUKE-KUN!" She yells as she flings herself at me.

God she has a tight grip. And she annoys me so much. Wait a minute, that gives me an idea... I straighten up, (not easy to do with a fan girl on your back,) and try to use my best emotionless voice. "Actually, Sakura I need to tell you something. I'm going out with Ino." She visibly fills with rage, and I swear it gets darker around us. "That pig! How dare she steal my Sauke-kun away from me! And you!" She points a shaking finger at me. "How could you choose her instead of me?!" I can't hold in any more. I burst out laughing.

"What the hell is so funny?" She gives me an even darker look than before. "Psych!" I yell as I poof back into me. "I'm going to kill you!" I laugh and smirk again. "Oh yeah?" "Yeah it should be easy! After all you are my age!" I just stare her down. "And yet, I happen to a Jounin, while you're just a lousy excuse for a Genin. Try me."

The moment is interrupted by Naruto barging in. "Hi guys! Dattebayo! Oh," he says as he looks at me and Sakura glaring at each other. "Am interrupting something?" I look up at him and smile sweetly. "No, nothing at all." I turn my gaze to the exact tree where Sasuke was hiding. "Alright Sasuke, you can come out now." He hopped down, and Sakura squealed with delight. And she calls Ino a pig.

"Hello everybody." A lazy voice called. I turn to look at Kakashi while Naruto pointed an accusing finger at him. "You're late!" He yelled. "Well, a black cat crossed my path, so I had to take the long way." Everyone sweat dropped.

Kakashi explained the bell test to the and then tossed me a bell. I dashed off into the forest quickly. I turned to see Sasuke emerging through the bushes. "So you're my first opponent, huh?"