Chapter 9- Back into the Maze

"It's my second day in the maze!" Thomas says, jumping up and down, which causes me to laugh. He bends down and kisses me. Then, you guys walk hand in hand toward the maze entrance where Minho awaits.

"Finally. I thought you guys would never come."

"I had to get (Y/N) up." He says, chuckling and looking at me lovingly. Minho just looked at us like we were crazy. I blushed and moved forward, holding Thomas's hand. When we enter the maze, we begin jogging. Thomas won't let go of my hand and he's keeping me close. Wow, he's really protective.

"Okay. You guys are really close and you're holding hands, so I'm guessing I missed something?" Minho asks, looking at us with a confused look on his face.

"Should we tell him?" I whisper in Thomas's ear. He just nods and before I could speak again, he does.

"Yeah. (Y/N) and I are a couple now. It happened yesterday afternoon." He said, wrapping his arms around my waist from behind. I couldn't keep a smile off my face.

"Oh. Congratulations!" Minho says, smiling at the two of us. We continue running until we reach section 7 and we slow down. We jog, confused because there is a small hole type thing ahead of us that wasn't there before. We all stop, but after a couple moments, I continue jogging and I take the lead.

"(Y/N), No. Stop!" Thomas says, running after me to catch up.

"It's okay. Maybe this is a clue or something to help us find a way out." I replied to Thomas's screaming. Minho beginning to follow us into the hole. I reach my hand out and examine the cement. It is rough on my skin as I slide it farther along the wall. Thomas stays close, but not too close, giving me space to move around so I don't feel uncomfortable. Minho just keeps walking straight, curious to see what lies ahead. When I look up to see that that's what Minho is doing, I stand up straight and walk ahead too. Thomas keeps looking around, trying to see if there's any secret messages or passages or something that could help.

Once we reach the end, there is a door that leads deeper into the griever hole. We call it that because every time we get closer or deeper into it, the device that we got out of the griever last time beeps louder and faster. It beeps again and one of the doors opens. Then, out of no where, this red light scanned us and everything seemed to self-destruct in a way. Minho had already started running and Thomas grabbed my hand and began running also, which took me by surprise because I was facing the other way when he grabbed my hand. We continued running, all the way to these large panels that we were approaching.

"What are those?" I asked, letting go of Thomas's hand so we both could run and get through the panels faster.

"We call them blades." Minho said, a look of concentration on his face. As we approached, Minho ran on one side, which just so happened to be the side that we had to be on. Thomas ran through them and almost ran into Minho.

"C'mon (Y/N)! Hurry up!" Thomas yelled to me. I waited for the right time, which was a couple of blades down the line, I ran and dodged the spinning blades, right into Thomas's arms. Still running, I pull away and grab his hand, pulling him along this time. We kept running straight until we reached this large drawbridge looking thing and we stopped. Thomas put his arm in front of me to make sure I didn't run any further and get myself killed. I couldn't help but smile despite the situation. He's being so protective, It's cute. The drawbridge began to fall and I was completely in shock. My mind totally blanked and before I knew what was happening, both my hands were clutching other hands and they were pulling me along.

We ran for a little longer. Running around corners and dodging holes in the ground. We eventually made it around a corner and I could see the entrance to the Glade. Minho slowed down and the rest of us did the same. I intertwined my fingers with Thomas's because he's my boyfriend. I also intertwined the fingers on my other hand with Minho's because he's my friend. Together we walked into the Glade.