Chapter 5- Teresa

I look up to see all the boys beginning to walk away. The only boy still at the entrance was Chuck. He was such a good friend. Once he laid his eyes on us, his face lit up.

"Yeah! I knew you could do it!" He started jumping for joy which made all the other guys turn around. Once they saw us, they all ran back toward the entrance to greet us and welcome us back.

"What happened to Alby?" Newt asked right as he saw his condition.

"Stung by a griever that we thought was dead but then it wasn't and now he's like this." I responded, throwing the backpacks to the ground.

"Wait, you guys saw grievers?" Winston asked.

"Oh they didn't just see one, they killed one. I saw it happen. I actually ran off and left them. I thought the only way to survive would be to keep running. But these shanks stayed behind and risked their lives to save Alby's." Minho said, coming up behind Thomas and I and putting his arms around our shoulders. There was a plethora of cheers and claps.

"What did the grievers look like?" Zart asked. Thomas and I shared a glance.

"I don't really know how to explain it." I began and Thomas continued the thought.

"They were big and like a greenish color, I guess, and had these like pincer things." I nod along with his words. Everyone's faces were either scrunched up in disgust or wide-eyed with wonder.

"Well, lets get Alby to the Homestead." Newt says, walking over to Alby and picking up his feet, Minho picks up his shoulders and together they carry Alby away.

"We did good out there." Thomas says, putting his hand on my shoulder and gave me a kind and exhausted smile.

"Yeah." I smile back, "I don't know about you but I'm going to sleep for a million years." I can feel Thomas chuckle beside me.

"Alright. Let's go get some sleep." Thomas leads me back to our hammocks.

I'm woken by the sound of sirens. What is happening? I sit up and look around, wondering where the sirens are coming from. Thomas sits up on his hammock also.

"It's not supposed to come up for another month." Chuck says, beginning to run toward the box in the center of the Glade. Thomas and I run after him.

When we get to the group, Thomas grabs my hand and pushes through the group to the front, to see what was coming up in the box. Once the doors slide open, Newt jumped down to see what... or I guess who... it was.

"It's another girl." He said, looking at me. Maybe because I was the only girl until now, so now I guess I'll have a friend. I let go of Thomas's hand and jumped down into the crate, landing next to the girl and across from Newt. He picked up a piece of paper that was lying on her stomach.

"She's the last one. Ever." He read, looking at me then looking at the rest of the boys, "What does that mean?"

I just shrug. Newt stands up and I do as well, leaning down to grab her shoulders. Newt grabs her feet and together we lift her out of the crate. Newt climbs out first then turns around to help me. I never understood why the boys always felt obligated to help me. Probably because I'm the opposite gender and stereotypes are always in the way, I guess I'm not complaining too much though.

Jeff comes with a gurney and Newt, Thomas and Minho lift her on it and begin carrying her toward the Homestead. I catch up and stay right by the girls side. If she wakes up, I want my face to be the first face she sees so she knows that she's not just surrounded by boys.