14. Day of the Auditions: Part Two

A/N- OH MY GOD!!!! WE'VE REACHED 1K!!!!! I CANT THANK ALL OF YOU ENOUGH WHO'VE READ MY BOOK!!!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH AND NOW I JUST HOPE WE CAN MAKE IT EVEN FURTHER!!!!!!!

ANNNNND Part two is here... Again I'm very sorry when I left you with that cliffhanger...

Carry on :)
****
"This was really tough for me. But I have come to a decision. The female soloist for Regionals this year is..." She also took a really long pause.

As I waited for Alex to tell us who was getting the solo spot, I could feel my heart beating so fast I thought it would explode. This would mean the world to me if I got it.

"Paris."

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUDGE?

"Are you kidding me?" One of the girls said, complete shock in her voice.

Paris squealed and her and her little group of friends jumped up and down in excitement while the rest of us girls had looks of confusion, shock and disappointment all over our faces. I for one, was disappointed more than anything because I'd worked so hard for the spot but now I know I'd have to work even harder next time... If there was a next time.

"I'm sorry girls but Paris's solo stood out to me the most. She had good energy and her solo was the stand out." Alex said to all of us then walked back into her office for a little while.

I walked over into the foyer and sat down. Sebastian came over to me and gave me hug and smiled sadly.

"I'm sorry you didn't get the spot Brooklyn... You were much better than Paris." He said.

"Thanks Bastian but there's nothing I can do now. I tried and didn't get it. I'm not going to complain either. I guess Paris was just better in Alex's eyes. Congratulations on getting the solo spot for your category though." I say sending him a happy smile.

"Thanks. I still think you should've got it but as you said, there's not much you can do now."

"Yeah."

"All right, everybody go get a drink and then in fifteen minutes we will be running the duet auditions." Alex called out to everyone.

Oh great. We're doing duets and my partners not even here!

I took a sip out of my water bottle then put it back in my dance bag. I stood up and walked with Sebastian over into the studio.

"Hey Bastian,"

"Yeah?"

"Where's Elliot? I haven't seen him since the other day and now I'm really starting to get worried because he's supposed to be my partner for our duet. If he doesn't show up, I have to forfeit the audition. I'm already annoyed at him enough and if he makes me have to forfeit the audition I'll be furious."

"The last I saw him was the other day when he was talking with you in the hall. Then he came into the studio with the rest of us and that's the last time I saw or spoke to him."

"Well then where the hell is he? He knew the auditions were today."

Sebastian shrugged. "I don't know. Do you need someone else to do your duet with you?"

"No it's okay. I'll wait until it's our turn and if he doesn't show up, then I guess I'll have to forfeit." I say sadly.

I didn't know why Elliot wasn't here but he was really pissing me off. When I met him I didn't think he'd turn into a complete jerk and not come to important things like this. We'd worked so hard on our duet and since the party, nothing has been the same between us. It kind of made me sad more than angry because Elliot was one of the first friends I'd made and we were really good together and now nothing's the same, everything's different between us and I just don't know what happened. He seemed so consistent in his dancing and he looked like he loved it when I first met him and now he doesn't even show up for something as important as this.