Chapter 1: Awoken

I sat around the large spacious playing StarCraft like any other Wednesday night. My fingers sore and tired from constantly clicking through the ten wins I already taken, ready to rank in my eleventh. Flipping my long black bangs out of my eye, I quickly returned to my match ready to take the win by destroying the last enemy base.

My army grew closer and closer to the enemy's front door, unknowing of the danger I posted. The second the first unit stepped into visual range of the base, I sent my men into a bloody battle that lasted five minutes.

Through the death and destruction I managed to glimpse of the small white text on the bottom of my screen.

"Team 3 eliminated." Was its title as the victory screen commenced for me.

Cheering for myself in the dark blue, I turned off my laptop and put in the charger before placing it on top of my Xbox that rested next to my T.V.

To celebrate, I decided to watch YouTube on my console. Turning on my screen then the system, I sat on top of my breathtaking, a large breath in and then out. The Machine displayed the normal screen of the desktop and the many options.

I turned on my controller and scrolled down to click on recent. I clicked onto the YouTube app and waited for the screen. As the app loaded, my started to rattle slightly, making a large uproar that ripped through the entire house.

I ignored the racket and flipped through my favorite episodes of a little show called RWBY. The sixteenth episode of the show of the first volume was one of my favorites, mainly because it showed a large plot coming forward and an awesome fight scene. Not to say volume two didn't have any good ones.

I clicked on the video and simply waited for the awesome music of Jeff Williams to greet me. I waited and waited for the song to play, only to be greeted by the same loading screen. I sighed as I backed out and re-entered, meeting the same fate as before.

I only growled angrily before grabbing my iPod that laid on the table next to me. I quickly put in the password and turned on the YouTube app. It loaded like normal and a list of last watched videos, episode sixteen being the first, popped up on the screen.

I clicked on it and waited. The small mechanical object just kicked me out of the app saying that the video couldn't be displayed.

"Come on!" I yelled impatiently at all my electronic devices as even louder noises roared from my Window.

I grew tired of the window and looked out of the room for what could be making the noise. The noise became louder but there wasn't anything unusual, just my plain old backyard and my deck. I popped my head back in the room and began to turn off all my machines due to their uselessness.

"Come here." A voice came from outside, chilling me to the bone for an odd reason. Both of my parents were gone for work so I knew it couldn't be them, but still my curiosity and fear grew.

"Life has come."

I cocked an eyebrow at my window before changing out of my grey shorts with no shirt into something civil. After three minutes of finding something; I grabbed my clear dark blue shirt, grey jeans and a grey and dark brown windbreaker that wrapped around me comfortably.

I grabbed a pair of white socks and a pair of grey running shoes before actually leaving the comfort of my home to investigate the noise that spoke to me.

I opened my front door, jumped off the staircase and began to make my way to the backyard. The sky matched my driveway, sheer black as the cold air nearly burned my hands. A tan gate separated me and the backyard as my fear took over my thoughts.