Chapter 2: Darkness

I weakly opened my eyes. The only thing I could make clear was the Bullhead, at least parts of it. Cracking my neck, my vision came to me, as well as my numbed body's control. Lifting my head, I could tell we crashed due to the many metal scraps and fire that surrounded me.

Through the pain and weird feelings, I managed to get on my feet by grabbing onto a loose pipe, now emerging from the ship's wall. I looked around what remained of the passenger bay of the ship to meet nothing.

I went to help the pilot but when I entered the cockpit I knew he was gone. No one lives with a large piece of the ship replacing their chest. The very sight sickened me to the point that I left the ship in blind panic.

It took a good five minutes of walking (as well as disposing my last meal) to recover from the sight. But there was something else. I didn't know where to go, or even where I was for that matter. I was unprepared and confused, not to mention the panicking in my mind.

The area changed from the plane crash, into a dark forest as my feet continued onward.

How am I going to survive! I got no food, no water or a place to sleep. I could keep on walking but in the end i'm probably just going to die doing that.

I pondered to myself as I stepped over a bush. But there was something odd. The bush had two textures. One, you're typical leaf life feel and the other, Fur. Before I could react, a shadow fell upon me as the sounds of growls merged with them..

I peeked my head to left, only to be horrified. A large werewolf like creature that had grown a skeleton over it's head like armor stared down at me. The animal's glowing red eyes peered into mine, taking control of my fear.

It was like I was paralyzed, every muscle refused to move as the creature hovered over me. The jaws of the beast came closer to my face, ready to finish me with one attack and all I did was close my eyes and waited in the darkness.

Seconds passed by, but to me it felt like hours before I opened my eyes again. The first thing that greeted me was a tree. I blinked and looked to my right, then to my left to see nothing.

I took a step back trying to find any signs where the Grimm would've gone to but failing in the end. Taking a deep breath in and out, I turned around and continued to run, puzzled why my life didn't end. Not that I was complaining.

It was a good hour of walking after the event. The sky dimmed slightly and the trees became quiet. I didn't encounter anything from that point so I assumed I was either in a safe zone or right next to some type of Anti-Grimm zone.

The forest was pretty through out of all the problems I encounter. I never liked nature a whole lot, but the slow waving trees and the falling leaves made the scene look amazing. Looking at the view, I forgot to look in front of me, I barely even noticed the large hole in front of me until I fell into the darkness of a cave.

I landed on my feet with a small amount of recoil. I felt good just for landing the fall but retracted said emotions when I realised I couldn't see two feet in front of me. I took a step only to be tripped, meeting a rocky floor.

My left hand fell upon a smooth texture stick to the rest of my body. Groaning in pain, I stood back up and grabbed the object underneath me.

"Why would this be here?"

I asked myself before taking a look at the wooden item. I identified it as a torch that was dropped but for what reason still pasted me.

Sighing, my legs followed the path in front of me, hoping to find a exit of some sort. Adjusting my eyes,I tried to see better within the darkness or a fire for my torch but lost at both things. As I walked, I felt the area growing colder and colder, chilling the warmth of me.

The feeling I was being watched haunted over me as the noises of things moving across the long narrow hallways of the cave freaked me out.

"There you are."

A familiar voice called out through the darkness. I jumped nearly hitting my head off the roof of the cave and used the torch to try and defend myself from whatever was talking.

"Soon it shall reach night, and soon you shall be mine to have."

"What are talking about? Who are you?"

A slight chuckle echoed.

"Do you not remember? I am the one who brought you here. I am the one who gave you new life."

I grew silent. The voice in the shadows, could it really be him?

"I can sense the confusion. It pleasures me so. But to put your mind at bay I shall tell you that it is me, the one in the darkness from before."

"What do you want from me? What did I do to you?"

"It's not about what you did, It's about who you are. You and me are the same. Darkness hiding from the light, waiting to be free."

"I am free! I just got out of Beacon and was-"

"Heading where? Vale? Athens? none of these places can save you, only you can save you."

"Shut up, talk normally for once in your life!"

I threw the stick into the darkness, hoping to land a hit. The sounds of a stick hitting off of something emerged after a few seconds after the throw, creating a sound wave of pain to follow after.

"DO NOT TEST MY PATIENCE!" The voice yelled in rage, shaking the cave and creating new debris.

"You will not test me! For I am eternal!"

"Didn't sound like it."

That got another large roar and something out of the darkness hitting me over the head.

"If you wish to fight, I will gladly kill you now and start a new."

"A new what? What are you even doing here?"

"You will find out soon enough. Remember when the night comes, you are mine."

With that, the voice ceased. Blinking, I saw the area slowly being relit into the room. The once dark tunnel was, turned into ancient pathway, filled with artifacts and sculptures that pleased the eye. But the most important part was the small walkway that lead back to the surface.

I ran to the stairs and thus making it back to the surface floor. The tall grass, and lush bushes and flowers scented the air and relaxed me.

"That guy, He sure loves to run his mouth." Grunting with satisfaction, The open path lead me to wherever, both cheering me up but making me nervous at the same time.