Chapter 9: Found

I could hear a familiar voice calling my name, but it didn't quite register. I could feel a soft fabric covering my face and the cool grass beneath me. The voice continually rang in my ears, 'Alex', a name I knew well but something felt different. A sense of calm washed over me. I couldn't remember what happened, one moment I was with a new professor, the next...I don't quite know.

The voice became louder as I began to register it, then there was a flash of a black hand coming down on top of me and I shot up only to be greeted with a burning sensation in my spine, but something felt...off.

I felt two hands grip my shoulders as I began breathing heavily.

"Alex," a girls voice said, "It's ok. It's me, Weiss."
"Weiss?" I questioned, "Where am I?"

"In the middle of the woods." She said, "You're safe now."

"Can you stand?" Another voice said, this one male.

I nodded and tried to get up but I stumbled, a firm hand gripped each of my arms.

"It's ok Alex. I gotcha."

This too was a different voice, one I recognized.

"Jaune?"

"Yeah."

Jaune helped me to my feet and slung my arm over his shoulder and started walking. I could hear footsteps behind us which I guessed belonged to team RWBY and the rest of team JNPR. We walked for a few minutes before I could hear the faint sounds of engines in the distance.

As we neared the airship, I could feel my hair being ruffled in the breeze but for some reason my dark hair weighed down on my head and it got blown in my face to the point I was inhaling it through my nose. Another thing I noticed was a slight weight around my neck. I felt kinda off balance, not because I was injured or noxious but because something changed. Every time I tried to walk on my own I kept tripping over my own feet, it may have something to do with the bandages over my eyes though.

I heard our foot steps on the metal floor of the airship as we boarded. Jaune lead me to to a seat and I sat down. The engines roared as we took off in almost complete silence. I could hear Nora talking to Ren on the opposite end of the ship, but I couldn't make out what they were saying.

After about 20 minutes of silence Jaune spoke up.

"So how are you feeling?" He asked.

I shrugged, "Fine I guess. I feel kinda weird though."

"Uh huh." he said, "How long were you out there?"

"A few hours," I said, "A day maybe?."

I heard coughing then a voice, obviously Ruby's, spoke, "Are you sure about that Alex?"

"Yeah pretty sure." I answered, "Why? What's wrong? And why has everybody been so quiet?!"

"Uh, well, the thing is..." Ruby stuttered.

"You've been gone for over a month." Nora blurted out, still as cheery as always.

"What?!" I panicked.

"We were sent to recover your...remains." Yang said.

I took a deep breath, "Ok. So, why didn't you look for me sooner?"

"Ozpin wouldn't let us." Ruby said.

"Oh."

I crossed my arms over my chest and slouched in my seat. I thought about what happened though I couldn't really remember anything. Lost in thought, I drifted off to sleep.