Just Watch

Ariana P.O.V

"Devon?" I can say that this was a surprise I never saw coming, I'm in Devon Patterson's house.

"what are you doing in here?" He looks more angry than happy to see me, or maybe he should be angry, I wish he could've been surprised like I was, but I know under the circumstances I'm the last girl he wants to see.

"I could uh ask the same." I flatten my hands on my legs and stare at the multiple bruises hat crowd his beautiful face. "what happene-"

"I live here, that's why I'm here." His deep voice carries distrust, I sense much hostility. "Don't ask what happened, your pretty nigga should've told you."

I scoff

"Pretty nigga? Who? Lucas?" He pulls his sweat stained shirt over his head and throws it into a hamper. "Look if I knew you lived here, I never would've came. I'm only here for my friend, not to start more shìt."

"Well..." He walks over to me, and I think for a second that he will grab me, he doesn't he goes to the bathroom and closes the door behind him.

That was my cue to leave, but I'm intrigued to know what happened to him.

"So you're saying Lucas did that to your face?" I hear the faucet turn on and I sit down on his bed that isn't made up. The water stops and he opens the door, he's rubbing a towel across his face.

"Oh no not just Lucas, Lucas and his little guard dogs. He got a few licks in, but nah he left the rest to his boys." He laughs and winces after.

"I don't find that funny, what did you do? Are you gonna call the police? If Lucas did this you should go and tell!" I stand up and pick my phone up, ready to give Lucas a piece of my mind.

"I'm not gonna do shìt, that's what he wants. I'll handle it and take it." I drop my phone on the bed, "Devon, what the hell does that mean? 'Take it', no you need to do something,"

"and risk my spot on the team? Look Lucas schemes, that's all he does. I'm not gonna let him have the upper hand and over what? You? Nah b, he can have you. I'm not with that drama"

"You know what, you need to leave. I'm done chasing after you and helping yo asś, get out." Tears crowd my eyes and I stand up, grabbing my phone. "Chasing me? That's what you've been doing? I haven't even been leading you on, first of all."

Dead silence masks the room

"Either you say something or I will."

I hear him sigh as the door is closed on me.

Rushing down the stairs, I see Dominique on the couch.

Talk about a quickie...

"Hey, we're leaving now." Dominique lifts her eyebrows and looks at me, "I was waiting on yo ass anyways. Let's step out and call a cab." I nod in agreement and follow her out the apartment.

"What were you doing up there so long? Why you look like you bout to bust a tear?" I look at her and she dials the taxi number, "Hi, yes I would like a taxi to this address please." She tells the address and hangs up.

"Devon was upstairs..." Dominique's eyes widen at me, "what!?" I laugh and wipe my eyes, careful not to smudge my makeup. "Yeah, we talked about what happened last night and honestly I'm done with niggas."

She looks me up and down, "shìt I'll take the dick then... and what went down! You never tell me anything anymore, and I thought we was bitchès."

"I know, I know. I've been slipping lately, but Lucas and Devon fought an-"

"Wait, really! You didn't tell me! No save that shít for when we get back. I know good and damn well it's about to be good." I smile at her and we sit and wait on the curb, until the taxi pulls up.
_______

"You know what, we in here all damn day. We're gonna go get some ice cream and then later on tonight we going clubbing ho, I ain't come to college just for education."

I smile at her, "yeah well, I'm not really feeling it." She smacks her lips and looks me up and down, "like hell, bitćh we going out. End of discussion."

Before the taxi can leave, Dominique hails him down again. Tonight I want to have fun and not think about any of the drama going on with Lucas and Devon.

_____
I'm such a bad updater right? lmao but anyways, this is only part 1 and it's very short. I wanted to fill y'all in on some slight, so there ya go. I promise the next chapter will be longer :p so who y'all with? Devon or Lucas????