Take out

Ariana POV
I gathered my hair in one hand and placed it on my other shoulder as the lecture went on, we had only been in this class for a week and it was already work on top of work and words on top of words, I felt as if it would be hard to get back on track if I lost myself.

"Okay so you gonna tell me what happened last night? Or..." Dominique looked at me and I turned my eyes away from hers, I found it hard to lie.

"Nothing." I flipped my page and leaned my cheek on my open palm, "I mean, Lucas just isn't what I'm looking for. I don't think I'll be seeing him again." I smiled slightly, almost to make it believable. "What about you?"

Dominique's mouth formed in a devious smirk, "I actually enjoyed myself last night, I went back to the dormitory with tall, dark and handsome."

I looked at her, she must've meant Lucas's henchman.

"0h?"

"Yeah, I thought he had left me though. He got up a little while after you got up. By the way where did you go? I looked in the bathroom after like an eternity. My dumb asś thought you got swallowed by the damn toilet." She snickered and I unevenly laughed.

"Yeah, I just went outside to get some air... You know they was smoking heavy as hell in that section."

"You ain't lying though, they really was." She looked at me for a second as I continued to look forward, I didn't dare look her in the eyes, she would've known I was lying and I couldn't risk it. The words Lucas said played in my mind.

After the class was over, we stuck to our plan of meeting up and decided to meet in front of the English building, it wasn't to far of a walk for the rest of the crew.

"Hey y'all" Langlea as always being over friendly hugged us, while Keshawn was in the background looking hella buzzed out.

"You guys seen Devon yet? We definitely told him we was meeting up here." As soon as she spoke, we saw him heading up the brick staircase to our right.

He was dressed in a regular white tee and light washed jeans, needless to say but he was looking really cute as always.

"Ayo, my bad yall. I had a few things to handle." He greeted everyone, everyone but me. I could still feel the unspoken tension but I say it was best to ignore the heat and go on with the day.

"What's the meal plans? Cause a nigga kinda hungry." Everyone looked at Keshawn and laughed, his words were spoken slow. Clearly he was under some type of influence.

"Let's see..." Langlea talked on as I was lost in thought about the night before, for some reason I wanted to forgive Lucas for what happened, but he was supposed to apologize to me. Maybe I was just sucking up, like always.

He was just someone who had lost the way, I couldn't blame him. Maybe if I was the only person that I could trust, I would hustle any way to make a living. He didn't have a family, but I did. Maybe I just couldn't understand the situation.

"Aye, earth to Ariana... you good shawty?" Dominique waved her hand in my face and suddenly we were already in a parking lot.

"What? When did we get out here" I stumbled over my feet but caught myself, I couldn't have been that lost.

"Keshawn, what was you on? I think Ariana got a little whiff of it." I laughed it off and looked at everyone, "did we decide where we wanna eat?"

Langlea took her keys out and Keshawn smacked his lips, "baby we not taking that little asś bug out to eat. We got about five people and you know even on a good day, yo car fit like one."

Langlea pushed his shoulder and reached in his pocket, a little to deep if you ask me. "Yea? Well how about we take yours?" She winked at him and ran to his car, "Im driving!"

Devon walked to the passenger door and Keshawn closed it, "where yo fresh ass going? Its my car and I'm sitting in the front. Go on back there with ya girl."

I couldn't tell if it was supposed to be a hushed conversation but clearly everyone heard and looked at me, and as typical I looked away and climbed in the back.

Dominique looked at me and raised her eyebrows, she mouthed to me, "awkward."

After what Keshawn said, Devon followed behind me in the back and sat down beside me, Dominique was on the other side. It wasn't tight but it wasn't spacey either. What was I complaining about though, it sure wasn't Langlea's car.

"Laser Tag, anyone?" Dominique whistled, "finally, some fun since we've been here." I looked over to her and smiled too, it was contagious.

We were in the car for only about ten minutes, i didn't know where this place was but it sure was taking forever to get there.

Devon's legs were set open and well since he's a boy I didn't think much of it, but the car wasn't the biggest. I nudged his leg with my left knee a little and he didn't move, can't take a hint?

I shuffled in my seat a little while looking out the right window and once again I nudged his knee with my leg. He looked down at me and back to his leg, I could see it in my peripheral vision.

He closed his legs a little and I smiled just a little inside, he cared just a tiny bit.

Not to long after we arrived at the laser tag place and eatery as well, I was guessing she wanted to play first.

"Guys they usually do partner grouping, it's more fun like that." Langlea held the door open for us, "but there's only five of us so..."

"Well I dont know about you guys but I'm seriously hungry and was hoping we could play after, but y'all can go ahead and I'll eat. I'll play the second time around." Dominique looked at me and I already knew what she was doing, she really not slick.

"Oh! Alright well see now that works out. Two teams of two! Yay well I call dibs on my baby." Langlea sticks her tongue out and Keshawn rolls his eyes playfully.

"So then I guess there's just you and Devon!"

I sigh and look at Devon who looks at Langlea with an evil eye, she smiles angelic at him.

"I guess." He trots off to the game counter and I follow behind.

TO BE CONTINUED...
______
Hey guys! You missed me? Just a quick update sorry I've been M.I.A but school wasnt playing around lmaoooo! I'm back and better as they say and I'm ready to supply you with the updates!

Do you think Devon is right to be mad?