(Part 10) Priorities

@crypticfangirl -- tumblr, twitter, ao3 :)

Harry knew something was terribly wrong with him because if you asked Harry before about being guilty over something as simple as not going to school in a day then you'd probably be laughed at and punched because you're implying that he actually cares which he made pretty clear that he does not.

But suddenly after waking up with another massive hangover and remembering he had class at eight, he felt utterly guilty. His body was aching in places he never thought would ache and it's not the same pleasurable ache he gets after a shag but an ache in his joints. He had a pretty intense fight yesterday which he had won and thought it was a good enough excuse to celebrate by partying and getting drunk which he now realize is not the best idea.

He was just not ready for school but a voice in his head that sounds suspiciously like Louis was constantly reminding him that he should get up and get ready. Harry really didn't care whether he'd get kicked out of school or if he's lucky he might graduate but then an image of Louis' disappointed face flashes through his eyes and he was already making a quick run to the bathroom.

God, he was so whipped and Louis wasn't even with him at the moment.

~*~

Harry also realized that he hasn't seen his phone since yesterday and he can't remember where he placed it. He was trying but failing to look for it in his bag where all his other junks are scattered around. He was already ten minutes late to school so he had to walk and he had already received odd looks because of the knuckle sized bruise on his left cheek that he got from his fight yesterday. He might have won but it doesn't mean he got out of it unscathed.

"Damn it, where the hell is that stupid phone." He angrily muttered as he tried one more time to find it but no such luck.

He forgot to tell Louis that he wouldn't be able to go to school yesterday because of that fight and he wasn't able to contact him on Sunday because he was too busy training. Paul had a strict rule of no phone during training sessions so he had left his phone somewhere that he can't remember.

Harry just wished Louis wouldn't get upset with him especially how he had just left him alone with Mathew on their date, he knew he shouldn't feel guilty about it because technically it wasn't their date but that doesn't stop him from being worried about Mathew trying to make a move at Louis.

Harry's eyes widened when he suddenly thought of Mathew taking advantage of Louis and he hadn't talked to him for two days so he didn't know if he was ok.

"Fuck." He muttered under his breath before fixing his bag and sprinting towards school.

If Mathew ever laid a finger without Louis' consent then Harry would happily rearrange his face for him.

Harry had arrived with an empty hallway because he was already late for first period, there was no point in going and he'll probably end up getting a detention so he'll just try to wait for Louis in second period. He had to take a shortcut to the gym because the principal might caught him skipping class.

He passed the school clinic and thought that he should fake an illness to take a nap on one of the beds; he shrugged and opened the door, ready to greet the nurse but stopped as soon as he saw a familiar body slumped on one of the beds.

"Louis?" Harry had whisper in utter disbelief.

He was frozen in his spot unable to fully accept that the person lying on one of the clinic beds where students who are sick or has been caught up in an accident is brought is Louis, his Louis.

When he was finally able to move his legs, he had slowly moved towards him and shakily sat next to him. It seems Louis has already fallen asleep because he didn't even react to Harry. Harry didn't know what Louis was doing in there; he wasn't the type like Harry to skip class and go to the clinic to sleep so he must have been sick.