;one

Tessa's pov

"Give me the professors name, and I will end them." Simon said as Clary walked through the door of Java Jones. I give a short laugh, but it quickly faded once I saw the expression on my sister's face. Clary had been at the Brooklyn Academy of Art, showing off her sketches. Clary narrowed her eyes in surprise, and sat down in the seat next to mine. "You know with a skating email to the dean." Simon Simon said clearing up the confusion.

"Don't bother." Clary said as she shoved all her belongings onto the table. Simon nodded before grabbing the envelope and slowly unraveling it. I hopped off my chair and quickly shuffled to the other side of the table. I watched as Simon unfolded the last part, and I was surprised by the answer that was written in red bold letters:

Congratulations!

"What!" Simon said as a ginormous grin speed throughout his face. I smiled and looked up at my sister, "sad face, really?" She giggles as Simon gave a fist-pump and said, "well played, well played." I laughed and stood up from my spot, giving my sister a long hug.

"I'm really sorry, but mom wanted to talk to me. I'll see you later though, okay?" She nodded and pulled away, I gave Simon a small smile and walked out of the Cafe, leaving the 2 best friends alone to talk.

࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆

I walked through the the door of our apartment and saw my mom sitting on the couch, looking worried. I dropped my stuff near the door and walked over to the couch. I sat down by my mom and but my hand on her back, "mom, are you okay?" I asked her softly. She nodded and turned to face me.

"There's something I need to tell you." She whispered as she put her hands on mine. I looked at her confused, oh god what if she's pregnant. "Do you still have that stele, that I have to you for your 18th birthday?" She asked me. I know I still do, but I don't know where. My 18th birthday was 2 years ago. After I got the stele, I didn't know what to do with it so I just put it somewhere in my room.

I slowly shook my head and heard my mother sigh. She took out a box and opened it, revealing what was inside. It was another stele. She took it out and put it in my hands, I looked at her confused.

"Tessa, keep this with you all the time, and don't you ever let it go." I nodded and looked down at the different patterns inscribed on the medal.

"There's something else I have to tell you, something I have been dreading of telling you since the moment you were born." I stared at her, I didn't think my mother was capable of hiding something for so long from us.

"Tessa, your a shadowhunter."

࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆

First chapter! Tell me your thoughts about what you think!!

Vote/comment/share/follow

-a