;four

"Shit," I mumble as pain shoots through every muscle in my body. I slowly open my eyes and take in my surroundings. I was outside of an old abandoned looking church. The last thing I remember was going through the portal with my sister, but Clary was no where in sight.

I slowly it up from my sprawled position on the damp cement, and try to ease the pain in my head. Once the pain is manageable, I lean against a lamp post to support my weight as I made my way to my unbalanced feet.

Suddenly I felt a pulse of energy ram into me, making me stumble. It felt like  a weight being lifted off my chest, I slowly look up and am amazed by what lies ahead of me. It was no longer that raggedy old church I saw moments ago, it was now a huge beautiful building, stain glass windows carved with runes traced the sides. It looked like it could be sold for mullions, from the outside.

"Hey, your the girl from the club." I heard from behind me. I quickly spun just in time to see one of the shadowhunters from earlier at he club, the girl that was dancing on the podium. I cautiously took a step back, still dizzy from my experience with the portal.

"How did you get here?" She asked taking a step towards me. I had to admit, she was flawless. Clear, tan skin with long, brown, and wavy hair. I quickly pulled my act together and stopped obsessing over her hair, until I finally found me voice.

"My mother. She, she did something with a portal or something, and I don't know how I needed up here. I was supposed to be with Clary at the police station with Luke." I said frantically as I realized the situation I was in. The girl nodded understandingly before walking closer to me. She put her arm on my shoulder, which was bare due to my jacket falling off during my journey.

"Why don't you come in, we'll help you out, okay?" She said softly. I slowly nodded and let her lead me towards the set of double doors. She pushed them open, only to reveal a ginormous room with dozens of high tech computers.

"Welcome to the institute. I'm Isabelle by the way." She said giving me a grin. I gave her a small smile before she led me to an area, where two boys stood. I recognized them, they too were from Pandemonium. They stared at me, shocked until the blonde boy grabbed Isabelle's hand and dragged her to the side, leaving me and the dark haired boy alone. He looked at me suspiciously, "who are you?" He asked me, raising an eyebrow. I too raised my eyebrow, "who are you?" I retorted. Before he could answer the duo returned back to their original spots, filling the air with tension.

"Okay, so what's your name?" The blonde boy asked confused. I stared back at them, even more confused, "Tessa?" I said, unsure of what to say.

The dark haired boy rolled his eyes and shifted his weight to his other leg, "that sounds promising." He muttered. The blonde gave him a warning look before turning back to me. "This is Isabelle or Izzy, I'm Jace, and this here is Alec or also known as Mr. Brightside." He said giving Alec a goofy smile.  Alec rolled his eyes and got back to business.

"Well we can't just let her stay here. What if she's like a spy or something?" He spoke confidently. I raised my eyebrows at him, "Spy, really?" I asked seriously, I didn't even know the guy and he was accusing me of spying on them.

"So what are you here for then?" He asked, challenging me. He was trying to prove a point, that he was right. I have off an annoying sigh. "Look I don't know how the hell I got here, but I need to go find my sister." I said turning away from the trio and towards the double doors. I heard someone suck in their breath, before shoe soles squeaked on the tiled floor. Jace popped up to my side with a stun plastered on his face.

"I'll join you."

࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆࿆

Oi this first episode is a bitch to get passed. It's making me sweat.

Tell me your thoughts so far, or some requests. You never know. . .

-a