;eight

"I still don't understand

"I still don't understand. How can Shadowhunters be better than what you people call mundanes?" Clary questioned as we all entered the institute, she had been bothering with questions the whole ride home.

"Because we protect humans." Izzy states as everyone falls back a little, knowing exactly where this conversation was going.

"You're right. Humans. You protect humans. You left Simon all alone in the van. Great job, guys. You rock."

"Okay, Clary what do you suggest we do? What's done is done, there's no point in blaming everyone for it." I said as Clary trained her eyes on me, narrowing a little at my words. They rest of the group also looked at the girl, silently thanking them for backing them up.

"There is some truth to the idea that human beings should have a modicum of common sense." Alec says sarcastically, bringing a smile to my lips. Who knew Alec could have a laugh, but then again, his least favorite mundane was just kidnapped so I guess I should've seen it coming.

Clary scoffed as she looks at Alec with her signature face, the one that says 'fight me, bitch'.

"Alec, not now." Isabelle scolds at her amused brother. I smirk over at the two, my eyes meeting Alec's as he sends me a wink. I smile and turn my attention back to Clary.

Jace decides to try and calm her down, "Look, they won't do anything to Simon. They just wanted to draw you out, they want the cup and they think you have it."

"But why do they think that, why does anyone think that? What, my mom lies to me my entire life except, "oh by they way, there's this magic cup, that I Hid on, like the planet Bongo, but don't tell anyone." I was growing angrier by the second, she acted as if I wasn't part of the picture anymore.

"What am I supposed to do now?" My teeth were clenched so hard I feared I would break a tooth, "We." I hissed at her, slowly starting my way over to her. She looked at me, clearly confused.

"We, Clary, what are we supposed to do? She was my mother, too, this screwed with my life, too. You weren't the only one that was thrown into this last second so stop acting like it!" I yelled in her face, which had so many emotions painted across it was hard to tell them all. I let out a heavy breath I hadn't realized I'd been holding, before storming off, already hearing enough of the conversation.

-

"I don't know about Shadowhunters, but this usually isn't what mundanes have in mind when they supposedly sneak out." I say climbing out of the graffitied van after the others. Clary casts me a sideways glance before going to stand by Jace.

"Yeah well, wouldn't've been my first choice either," Alec turned to me, the corners of his mouth twitching up a bit. "So, whose grave is it?

"Mary Milligan, born January 10th, 1802. Died January 10, 1078." Izzy said, her eyes glued to her phone.

"All right, Alec and Tessa let's go." Jace said to us motioning to us. I probably would've gone with Izzy and Clary, but due to the fight earlier, I think we all knew it'd be better to keep me on a short leash for a while.

"Wait what are we looking for?" Clary questions as we all made our way along the side of the church yard.

"Cache of weapons."

"Stashed here with Mrs. Milligan."

"Why are their shadow hunter weapons stashes in a church yard." Clary questioned. I scowled, the grass was wet from moisture and I was ruining my boots.

"Because all of the ancient religions recognized demons. Or at least they used to."

"They forgot about the threat because we've been her to protect them. Typical mundane failure of imagination." Alec added on to his sisters statement, but of course, made sure to insult humans in the process. I rolled my eyes at his pettiness.

"Are you saying we did too good a job?" Izzy scoffed. "You just cant let up, can you?" She wavered back a bit, staring at her brother in disbelief.

"You know what, Alec why don't you go check up by the angel. Tes can join you." He said looking at his parabatai, then to tessa, giving the girl a small smile and a head nod. She looked back to Alec, nodding her head in the direction of the angel, signaling for him to follow. With one last glance at Jace, he quickly followed in your steps and ended up at your side, a pout fixed on his face.

She was in for a long night, and the worst was yet to come.

-

ok so i wrote this chapter a long ass time ago and it got deleted and im lazy as fuck so i didnt wanna re write it also because i kinda lost interest in the show. Clary makes me mad and it gives me migraines

but anyway here's a filled chapter bc i felt back for never updating and its fuckin annoying when  all people comment is 'update' so here ig be thankful

also if you like the vampire diaries or the originals i just made a Klaus Mikaelson Fanfic so go check that out if you want :)))