Chapter 9

As November began, the weather got cold, and I became more grateful for Dad's leather jacket.

Quidditch season's started. This Saturday, Harry and the other guys on the Quidditch team have their first match. Gryffindor versus Slytherin. If Gryffindor wins, the would move up to second place in the House Championship.

Good news though, Hermione has been corrupted. She's a bit more relaxed about breaking rules ever since we saved her from the troll, and that makes her a lot nicer because of it. 

The day before the match we all sat outside in the freezing courtyard. Hermione had conjured a bright blue fire that could be carried in a jam jar. We sat with our backs to it getting warm, when Snape crossed the yard. He was limping. Harry, Ron, Hermione, and I sat a little closer to block the fire from his view. Unforchantly the others guilty looks brought Snape to us. He limped over. 

"What's that you've got there, Potter?"

Harry showed him Quidditch Through the Ages that he'd borrowed from Hermione. 

"Library books are not to be taken outside the school." said Snape. "Give it to me. Five points from Gryffindor."

He limped away.

When he was out of earshot, I flopped onto my back and said, "We've got to work on your poker faces."

"He just made that rule up," Harry muttered angrily. "Wonder what's wrong with his leg?"

"Dunno, but I hope it's really hurting him," Ron said bitterly.

*Time Skip*

That night in the Common Room, Harry, Ron, Hermione, and I sat together near a window. Hermione was checking Ron, Harry, and I's Charms homework. She would never let us copy ("How will you learn?") but by asking her to read through we end up with the right answers anyway.

I doodled on a scrap of parchment. Devil trap symbols, Black Veil Brides Logo, All Time Low logos, hearts, roses, Fall out boy logo, song lyrics, anything really. Harry stood up. 

"I'm going to go, try and get the book back from Snape."

"Better you than me," Hermione and Ron said together.

"I'll come with you. I know the castle better anyway." I told him. To Hermione's great displeasure, I frequently sneak out at night. As a result, I know quite a bit about the corridors and passages of Hogwarts.

"Alright, come on." Harry gives up. Harry and I made our way to the staff room. We knocked twice, but there was no answer. 

Finally we just pushed the door ajar and peered inside. We were met with an awful sight. 

Snape and Filch were inside, alone. Snape was holding his robes above his knees. One of his legs was bloody and mangled (I'll admit it, seeing him hurt pleases me). Filch was handing Snape bandages.

"Blasted thing," Snape was saying. "How are you supposed to keep your eyes on all three heads at once?"

Harry and I tried to shut the door quietly but-

"Potter! Black!"

Snape's face twisted in rage as he dropped his robes to hide his leg from view. Next to me, Harry gulped.

"I just wondered if I could have my book back."

"GET OUT! OUT!"

Harry and I left before Snape could take anymore points from Gryffindor. 

"Well that could've gone better." I muttered as we sprinted upstairs.

"You think? Let's tell Ron and Hermione." Harry said sarcastically.