Chapter 15

I have to say this before we start. I'm really sorry but this is SUPER IMPORTANT. I just recently found out that a person I follow ASliceOfDeansPie lost a friend called Alex. This is old news but it really upset me. Please spread the #AlexWillAlwaysBeRembered. It would help their memory carry on. And please if you feel suicidal, get some help. Talk with someone and hang on. Life sucks sometimes but there will always be someone who cares. I'm always willing to talk. Just PM me.

Harry did it! He saved the Stone! Even if it was Quirrell instead of Snape, Harry saved the Stone! Now Harry's in the hospital wing.

"If this bitch doesn't let me in to see him, there's going to be a murder in this school." I glare at the door and hit the wall.

"Clara," Hermione sighs, but before she can explain why I should sit down and be the good girl I'm not, Madam Pomfrey opens the door.

"Five minutes only." she says and lets us in.

"Harry!" 

I was grinning at him. "You're the luckiest son of a bitch I've ever met, you know."

Hermione looked like she was going to fling her arms around him, but she luckily restrained herself.

"Oh, Harry, we were sure you were going to-Dumbledore was so worried-"Hermione gushes.

"The whole schools talking about it," said Ron. "What really happened?"

It was one of those rare times when the true story is even stranger and exciting that the wild rumors. Harry told Ron, Hermione, and I everything: Quirrell; the mirror; the Stone; and Voldemort. Hermione screamed out loud when Harry told us what Quirrell had under his turban. I was nauseated.

"That man was like a penny, two faced and worthless." I said.

"So the Stone's gone?" said Ron finally. "Flamel's just going to die?"

"That's what I said, but Dumbledore thinks that-what was it?-'to the well organized mind, death is but the next great adventure.'"

"I always said he was off his rocker," said Ron, looking impressed.

"So what happened to you three?" Harry asks.

"Hermione and I made it back easy, we brought Ron around-that took forever-and we were dashing up to the owlery to contact Dumbledore when we met him in the entrance hall-he already knew-he just said, 'Harry's gone after him, hasn't he?' and ran off for the third floor." I said.

"D'you think he meant you to do it?" said Ron. "Sending you your father's Cloak and everything?"

"Well," Hermione exploded. She's been holding this one in since that night. "if he did-I mean to say-that's terrible-you could have been killed."

"No it isn't," said Harry, thoughtfully. "He's a funny man, Dumbledore. I think he sort of wanted to give me a chance. I think he knows more or less everything that goes on here, you know. I reckon he had a pretty good idea we were going to try, and instead of stopping us, he just taught us enough to help. I don't think it was an accident he let me find out how the mirror worked. It's almost like he thought I had the right to face Voldemort if I could. . ."

"Yeah, Dumbledore's off his rocker, all right." Ron said proudly.

"Listen," I said. "You've got to come to the feast tomorrow. The points are all in and Slytherin won, of course-you missed the last Quidditch match, flattened by Ravenclaw without ya, but the food'll be good, and we could find some way to piss off Malfoy."