Chapter 14

It seemed like Snape was never going to make his move. As exams went on, Fluffy was still safe behind his locked door.

It was hot as hell, especially in the large classroom where we did our written exams, which had been bewitched with an Anti-Cheating spell.

Written exams weren't the only ones. We also had practical exams. Professor Flitwick called us one by one into his class to see if we can make a pineapple tap dance. Professor McGonagall watched us turn a mouse into a snuffbox-points were given for how pretty the snuffbox was, but taken away if it had whiskers. Snape made the others nervous, but I was calm, as we made a Forgetfulness Potion.

I think I did fabulous. I always had time to kick back in my chair with my feet on the desk before the end of the exams.

Hermione and Ron aren't as worried about Voldemort as Harry and I. Maybe because they didn't see it, like I did, or because they're not directly involved like Harry is.

Our very last exam is History of Magic. This is probably going to be the one I flunk. I have legitamently slept through every single one of those boring classes. They might as well be called my nap period, because that's all I do. All I know about the subject is what I've learned from studying Hermione's notes.

Just one hour, and we'll be free. Free from answering questions about old, dead, wizards who'd invented self-stirring cauldrons until next week, when the results came back.

I cheered with the rest, when the ghost of Professor Binns told us to put down our quills and roll up our parchment.

"That was far easier than I thought it would be," said Hermione as we joined the crowds flocking out onto the sunny grounds. "I needn't learned about the 1637 Werewolf Code of Conduct or the uprising of Elfric the Eager."

Hermione likes to go over our test papers afterword, but this gives me a headache and Ron says it makes him ill.

"Hermione, shut the hell up, you're giving me a headache." I told her rubbing my temples. "You're ruining my stress free vibe and I don't want to have to duct tape your mouth shut."

Hermione wisely shut up. We wandered down to the lake and flopped under a tree. I put my arms behind my head, closed my eyes, and soaked in the feeling of the sun on my skin.

I broke up with Malfoy yesterday, but before I did I tipped off Pansy Parkison so she could comfort him. I'm not a complete heartless bitch, after all. He seems to have gotten over it well. Perhaps it'll teach him to leave me the hell alone.

"No more studying," Ron said happily, while my eyes were still closed. "You could look more cheerful, Harry, we've got a week before we find out how badly we've done, there's no need to worry yet."

I could do with a Pepsi. I'm thirsty. And it's still hot as hell out here.

"I wish I knew what this means!" Harry burst out angrily, causing me to snap my eyes open. "My scar keeps hurting-it's happened before, but never as often as this."

"Go to Madam Pomfrey," Hermione suggests.

"I'm not ill," Harry says. "I think its a warning. . .it means danger's coming. . ."

It's too damn hot to stress. I sit up.

"Harry, relax, or I'm going to put cocaine in your evening meal. Hermione's right, the Stone's safe so long as Dumbledore's around. And, we never did find proof Snape knows how to get past Fluffy. Don't worry. You'll go bald." I lay back down and closed my eyes again.

"And Neville will play Quidditch for England before Hagrid will let Dumbledore down." Ron added.

Harry explained he felt like he was forgetting something important, but Hermione blew that off by putting it down to exam nerves.