Chapter 10

The four riders landed on Berk, and some Vikings looked at Iona strangely.

She smiled shyly, and held onto Snotlout's hand as they were walking towards the great hall.

There, the were greeted by a mighty feast and a party to welcome them back, and the newcomer to Berk.

A tall man stood in the centre of the room, a mess of black hair on his head and a well trimmed beard that was about 10cm long. "Snotlout!" He called, waving him over.

Snotlout walked over hesitantly. "What's the matter with you boy, come here." The man said with a smile on his face.
"Hi dad." Snotlout said, looking down.
"Hi I'm Iona." She said, holding out her free hand.
"Spitelout, Son of Triplout, father of Snotlout." He introduced himself, shaking her outstretched hand.
"Well nice to meet you Sir, may I say that you have a brilliant son here." Iona said smiling.
"Sometimes I'm unsure about him, he can get a little out of hand." Spitelout replied, his smile growing a little bigger.
"Dad..." Snotlout groaned, earning a mighty laugh from his father.
"And how did you meet my son?" Spitelout asked Iona, genuinely curious as to how a beautiful young woman met his irritating son.
"Well, he found me on a beach when I was shipwrecked, then he saved me from drowning after Ryker Grimborn captured me and threw me overboard and yeah, he also took care of me quite a lot this past month." She replied, ending with a kiss on Snotlout's cheek.
Spitelout just smiled and dismissed them with a wave of his hand as the crowd got bigger.

"I like your dad." Iona said when they were sitting at a table enjoying the food. "He's much better than mine."
"I've been trying to please him my whole life, and he doesn't do so much as acknowledge me." Snotlout said, looking up from his food and at Iona.
"Aw, come on, be happy, you're home, and, you know what?" She asked, trying to cheer him up.
"What?" He asked, raising his eyebrow.
"So am I." She smiled.