Chapter Twelve

-Tommy's POV-

 "Are you sure you want to go in alone?" Adam asked. I looked at him, his face plastered with worry and I nodded.

 "Yeah, I'm just going to grab a bag of clothes and I'll be right back outside." I gave him a small smile.

 He shook his head and hopped out of the car behind me, "No I'm not letting you go into that house alone."

 "But..." I tried to protest but he held up his hand.

 "Tommy, its final I'm going inside with you." He said and he started to walk towards the house. My hand shot out and gripped his arm tightly. He stopped and turned around, facing me.

 "No, Adam. I'll be right back I promise." I saw him hesitate before sighed, nodding his head and he walked back to the car.

 I took a deep breath and walked towards the old, white house. Walking up the cement steps, I came to the front door. My shaky hand gripped the bronze doorknob and turned it. I quietly opened the door and my eyes scanned the room.

There were empty beer cans and bottles scattered along the dirty, stained rug. I saw my stepfather passed out, his arm dangling off the side of the couch and the only light that was in the room was  the flickering of the television that rested in the corner of the room.

 Stepping carefully over the cans and bottles, the empty cartons of Chinese take- out and the boxes of pizza; I made it down the narrow hallway and into my room. Opposed to the other rooms in the house, my room was spotless. Nothing was on the floor and everything was organized and neatly put away.

 I rolled my eyes at the thought of stepfather being a lazy fuck and not being able to clean up after himself. I bent over and reached underneath my bed for my suitcase. Then I threw it on the bed, unzipped the top.

"I can't wait to get out of this fucking hell hole." I muttered, grabbing some clean boxers and jeans from my dresser draws.

 I turned around and I gathered a pile of shirts in my hands from my middle drawer,  I sighed and placed the shirts, jeans and boxers into the bag. Then I gathered up my bass and acoustic guitar.

As I zipped up the suitcase and slung it over my shoulder and turned around, taking a step towards my bedroom door and I foze. I felt the color drain from my face as I saw who was standing in the doorway.

 "Going somewhere?"

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Hey everyone, sorry for such a short chapter. I have a lot to do today and this was  the only idea I had... I promise to post more in the next few days :)

Love you all,

~Wolfy