Chapter Sixteen

-Tommy's POV-

"Damn there is literally nothing on." Adam sighed as he kept flipping through the channels.

I leaned my head on his shoulder and he wrapped his arm around me, "Just pick a station and keep it on." I said, getting annoyed with the constant channel changing.

"Okay, you asked for it." He stated and stopped pressing the channel button, keeping on the news channel.

I rolled my eyes and snatched the remote from his hand, "I am not watching the stupid news." I pressed to off button and the screen went blank.

"Great, so now what can we do?" He whined.

I chuckled by his sudden mood changed and shrugged my shoulders, "I don't know."

There was a silence that hung in the air as we just sat there. The constant silent was slowly making me go insane, we had to do something before I die of boredom.

"Do you want to go for a walk?" He asked, finally breaking the silence that was hanging over us.

I nodded and got up. He handed me my jacket and we slipped on our shoes. Then I followed him outside.

>>>>>>>>>>>

"This is really nice." I said, as I sat down on a big boulder that rested by a tree, that over looked the stream that flowed through the woods.

"Yeah I usually come here once in a while to think." Adam said and he took a seat next to me.

I looked down and fiddled with my fingers, I wanted to ask what was on my mind but I didn't want to say the wrong thing or get him upset.

"Something is bothering you, what is it?" Adam asked, I jumped a little bit from the sudden break of silence.

I shook my head, "Its nothing really." I cracked a smile, but I saw in his eyes that he wasn't buying the lie.

I felt his eyes cut into me as he stared me down. Breaking the eye contact, I looked out at the stream; the river was flowing seamlessly and smoothly through the rugged terrain. If I stared at the water, it seemed like there were tiny fish swimming.

"Tommy, come on. Talk to me, please." Adam begged and I sighed, looking down at the moss covered ground with ants and other various bugs crawling on the ground.

I moved my foot along the ground, trying to figure out the right words to say or thinking of something to cover up what I was really thinking.

"Why do you think there is always something wrong?" I asked, regretting the sudden snapping tone I used.

I saw him look a little bit taken back with my sudden change of tone and he blinked a couple of times, regrouping his composure.

"I just thought that since... you know, that day I thought that you were still..."

That's when something inside me snapped, "Still what, Adam, still fucking blaming myself for Ally's death or that the images of my stepfather beating me and almost fucking raping me aren't playing through my mind?! Well you're right, there is something bothering me but I'm trying to not let it show so that you don't have to worry!" I jumped to my feet, wanting to just walk away.

As I walked back up the path, I heard him running after me. But I didn't slow my feet or turn my head because I didn't want to face him, I didn't want to .

I felt him grip my arm and pulled me to a stop, "Tommy..."

I yanked my arm out of his grasp, but he tightened his fingers around me, "Let me go, Adam! Just leave me alone!"

"No I'm not letting you go, Thomas!" His voice raised a thousand octaves and I swear I hear a bird fly from a tree from his yell.

I threw my free hand up in the air and allowed it to drop back to my side, "Just fucking leave me! I mean its what you always do, so why stop now?!" I took a breath and I was about to yell again but he opened his mouth, beating me to it.

"Tommy just fucking listen to me!" He exclaimed and I clamped my mouth shut.

Then he took a deep breath and his body seemed to relax and his eyes seem to soften, "I will never make that mistake again. I promise I will never let you go, I will never leave your side ever again." He said in a softer tone, he blue eyes staring into mine and I could feel his love radiating off of him.

"I know you never wanted to see me again, I know that every single time you saw me you flash back to when I broke you heart. Tommy, I'm dying every minute inside without you by my side. So this time I won't leave your side, I will stay with you until the end of time because my feelings haven't gone away and they never will. So please, don't walk away please let me fix your broken pieces."

I stood there, frozen, shocked. Then he pulled me into his chest, wrapping his arms tightly around me I wriggled to get out of his grasp, my fists pounding at his chest but he seemed to be unfazed by my protest. My arms became weak and I finally, after two minutes of struggling, I broke down.

It seems like everything that has happened over the course of three days seemed to catch up to me. Breaking me down, until I was into a million pieces. It felt like deja vu, but the only difference was that Adam was here.

Partially I was crying for the loss of my best friend, but I was crying more of what he said. I could see and practically feel that what he said was from the bottom of his fault

I felt him sink to the ground and he held me, as he leaned back onto a tree. My sobs made my body shake and tears flowed from my eyes soaking his sweater.

"I know, kitten, I know." He murmured as he held me and cried into his chest.

I sniffled, looking up at him and through my blurry vision I saw that he was crying too. He brushed my hair away from my face and gave me a sad smile.

"I'm sorry I snapped at you." I apologized, wiping my eyes with the back of my sleeve.

He shook his head and grinned, "No, I'm sorry I shouldn't have brought it up and you had every right to snap because I am an idiot who doesn't know how to think before I speak." He chuckled softly.

I was about to open my mouth to say something but, I noticed that it was starting to get darker. He seemed to notice too because he helped me up, as he also got to his feet.

"Lets get home." He said and I started to follow him back up the trail.

As we walked, I could feel the warmth radiating off of his body and in instinct I reached out and grabbed his hand. I glanced at him and saw that he was trying so hard not to crack a smile. Then I saw him peek a glance at me through the corner of his eye.

I think I might be able to start to forgive him.