Chapter 1

Ishimaru was standing his ground in the large hallway of Hope's Peak Academy, his hand in a saluting position, just as always. When students walked by, they would stare, and Ishimaru would stare them down, which usually resulted with them running away in a fit of giggles. Kiyotaka Ishimaru was the proud hall monitor at his school. He was taught his techniques by none other than his father, who everyone called Mr. Ishimaru. His name was indeed mysterious, especially because of the English word 'Mister' to describe his post in society. He worked for a high position in the Japanese Society, involved in many of the court cases and government meetings. He had a reason to teach his son all of these tactics that no ordinary teenager needed to know, but that information was considered classified to the entire family, except for his father. Ishimaru lived with two younger sisters, Akari and Koemi, along with his normal mother and father. He was a strange individual to be around, and he didn't get along too well with many of the students, since everyone broke the rules once in a while. Just as he was about to walk his way to the water fountain, the final bell rang, and everyone flooded out of the classrooms. Take note that not many people took a part in this school, mostly for its individuality from other ordinary school environments.

"Ishimaru! You gotta hurry up and pack up your bag so you can get ready to goooo!" Asahina sang as she flew by.

He flinched, not responding, and began packing up his backpack. He felt an anonymous tap on his shoulder. He turned around to see it was his dad.

"Kiyotaka Ishimaru, come along now. I have something important to discuss with you." Mr. Ishimaru said.

Ishimaru nodded, and continued to pack up his things. "Yes sir!"

Mr. Ishimaru watched his son pack up with a feeling of dread, and almost a sense of darkness. He grabbed his son's shoulder and walked him out the building.

"Did something happen while I was at school, father?" Ishimaru tried to get an answer out of him, but to no avail.

"I… I h-have some important matter to talk to you about…" He seemed as if he were on the verge of tears.

Ishimaru didn't know what to do, so he kept quiet. Their drive home was a drive home in complete silence…