Twenty Questions

Summary: Chris and Natalia play twenty questions, resulting in them surrendering to their undeniable connection.

Thank you for reading. :)

—————————————————–

"Liar!"

Natalia laughed uncontrollably, hanging onto Chris's arm for support.

Chris sniggered, taking advantage of the opportunity to feel her body heat so close. Placing a supportive hand at her lower back, he fought against the urge to let it travel lower. He had been dying to touch her soft skin since he first laid eyes on her and the mango scent that was filling his nostrils from her shampoo was intoxicating. He wanted to know every single signature scent of hers.

After their blind date at the cafe shop, they had been in contact every day; mostly through texting. Natalia had attended the Evans Trashy New Years as promised, but the pair had spent the evening chatting and mingling with the rest of the attendees.

Disappointingly, he had never gotten his midnight kiss.

That was why when Chris had invited her to one of his buddies' house parties, he hadn't expected to spend the majority of the night tucked in a corner farthest away from the drunken crowd and the loud booming music.

"I'm serious!" Natalia insisted, swatting his chest when she felt sturdy enough to let go of him.

Chris begrudgingly pulled his hand away and let it fall awkwardly at his side. "You did not deliberately piss yourself in front of everybody!"

Natalia fell into hysterics again, this time keeping upright to avoid his grabby hands. She knew exactly what he had been doing. The tingles she felt all over were proof enough. "The jackass wouldn't let me use the bathroom! So I showed him."

"Oh, yeah," he agreed with a chortle. "Him and the entire assembly."

"Hey, you asked least proud moment."

"I don't know. You sounded pretty pleased with yourself retelling that story," he teased, bringing the bottle of beer to his lips for another long drink.

"Whatever," Natalia muttered. "It beats your 'banana up my ass for a movie deal' story."

"Ha!" Chris peered at her through squinted eyes. "Anything edible up the ass is more humiliating than a public wetting incident."

"Touche." Holding up her own bottle of Bud Light, she jutted out her chin. "I pass the torch of the most humiliating experience to you. May you go forth and...try not to emotionally damage any other piece of fruit." They shared a laugh at her lame toast while clinking bottles. "Okay, favorite childhood memory?" She asked.

Chris pulled a face. "Oooh! Damn, that's a tough one." After a second, the toothy grin that broke out onto his face reached the wistful look in his eyes. "I'm just going to say it. I gotta go with acting out those little plays with my sisters and Scott. It still stirs up so many happy emotions. God, I loved doing those. If I had to choose what time of my life I would love to go back to and relive again just as it was, that would be it; without a doubt."

Natalia looked on with a trembling smile. "That's very sweet. My personal favorite was your production of Annie. The way you smacked that bucket down re-enacting It's a Hard Knock Life? Dude, that was your best performance yet. Hands down."

"Oh, man," Chris tipped his head back and let out a boisterous laugh, clutching the left side of his chest with his free hand. "My mother's already shown you the videos."