Kendall

"Dad! What happened?!" I sobbed. He parked the car and we ran. Mom was in front of a tree and the truck was slammed right by stomach.

"MOM!" she looked up. It felt like I had been hit with a knife after seeing my moms face. She looked pale and her eyes were bloodshot. I started crying, sobbing and moaning, not knowing what to do.

"Sweetie", my moms voice sounded weak, "Sweetie, please don't cry. Im gonna be alright. I'm going somewhere else now"

I shook my head, not able to take it in. It wasn't possible. My mother, my role model, that I always looked up to. My strong mother that never let me down. Always told me to believe in myself. My mother standing there having no chance. Nothing she could do.

"Mom, please don't leave me. Mom please don't go, please! There's something someone can do" I wasn't able to speak, my sobs were shortening my breath.

"Honey don't cry. I don't wanna see you like this. J-just remember something. I love you. I love you no matter what happens. There's nothing anyone can do. Either way I have to go" now she really looked in pain.

"AHHH!" my mother cried in pain. I couldnt see her like this. I started screaming.

"SOMEONE DO SOMETHING! CANT YOU SEE SHE'S ABOUT TO DIE!" my dad grabbed me from behind and whispered,

"Darling it's okay, no one can do anything" all I could do was furiously shake my head, refusing to believe any of this.

"Natalie..... I" she was having trouble speaking now and her eyes were starting to droop. I knew everything was ending now.

"MOM!"

"I...", her voice was barely a whisper, "Love... You. Dad... Too.... Take c-care... Robert?"

"M-Mercedes" my crying dad went up to her. He took her hand and kissed it. My mom smiled.

"I love you, both of you" then her eyes closed, the smile still on her face. My dad just stood there motionless and all I could do was scream.

"NO! MOM! MOM, YOUR STILL AWAKE! YOUR JOKING! PLEASE! WAKE UP! MOM!" My knees gave away and I broke down crying.

"MOM!" all of a sudden I woke with a start. I was sweating like crazy and could feel tears streaming down my cheeks. My breathing was really heavy and I had a bad headache. All I could do was tell myself was that it was just a nightmare. I flung my legs over my bed letting them hang by the ground. As hard as I was doing not to cry, I couldn't help myself. I started sobbing into my hands. Then I heard the door creek open. I looked up and saw Kendall walk in. I quickly wiped my tears away.

"Nat?" he came in and sat on my bed facing me, "Are you alright? I heard screaming from my room next door"

"Yeah, it's just.." Kendall looked worried and placed a friendly and comforting hand around me.

"Hey, what happened?"

"It's just... It's just that I would do anything to have my mom here with me right now. My dad too, I mean, yeah he was a jerk, but that only happened because of my moms death. He wasnt always like that. I remember when I was little I would tell him that he's the greatest father in the world", I smiled at the thought, "And he would say that I'm the best daughter..... I just, I guess I kind of miss my parents"

Kendall looked at me for the longest time and then finally spoke,

"Nat?"

"Yeah?"

"Why do you clutch on to your locket like that?"

"What?" he pointed at my chest. I looked down and saw my necklace that Logan had given me and below it was my locket. My hand was clutching on to it tightly. I looked up at Kendall and he said,