Secrets

(Stephanie's POV)

"Stephanie?" I hear a male voice.

"W-who's there?" I say as my voice quivers.

"Stephanie its me and Kendall" I hear a second voice say.

"Oh it's you two" I say in relief.

"What happened, you sounded so scared. Everything alright?" says natalie.

"Yeah. obviously, I didn't want an intruder coming in the house. Now tell m-"

"What were you doing out so late"

Crap. What do I say!!!

"I lost my ring again so I was looking for it out here"

"You were looking at it behind the house? I thought that part of the house scared the living-"

"Yes, but I was looking for the ring!" I say almost desperately.

I moved a bit closer to reveal their faces in the street light. Natalie's arms were around Kendall's neck and his were around her waist. Clearly they were like making out before I butted in.

Oops.

Natalie's face seemed unsure like she didn't believe me and Kendall just had a confused look.

"Let's go inside shall we?" I glance quickly behind me and start to head in.

"Steph, you wanna come up to our room after this? I think I need to talk to you"

Oh, im in sooo much trouble... I give her a nod and we go in. Dustin is in their munching on some crackers. He greets us and smirks at Kendall. Natalie grabs my hand and goes upstairs. When we enter our room, she closes the door.

(Natalies POV)

"You've lied enough to me already. Just cut it off" I say with my eyebrows furrowed. Stephanie just stays silent.

"Now I'm gonna sit here with you and your gonna tell me everything. Understand?"

"Nat, stop overreacting. Your acting like... Whatever" she says kind of scoffing. She begins to make her way through the door but I stop her by slamming her against the wall. Her eyes become wide.

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" she screams.

"Look, I'm sorry but just give me an answer for this. Is there something wrong?"

"YES THERE IS! YOU FREAKING HAPPY NOW?!" My mouth is slightly open from the change in her.

I hear footsteps and Kendall, Logan, and Dustin slam through the door.

"You okay? we heard screaming" says Logan. I was looking at them but when I turn my attention back to Stephanie, I see tears streaming down her face.

"Steph?" I say softly. She shakes her head furiously and let's her back slide against the wall as she is seated on the floor.

"I can't take it anymore" she says as her tears become sobs. Out of the corner of my eye I see Carlos and James join us but I don't care. All my attention was devoted to Stephanie right now. I bend down so I can come face to face with her. Kendall comes to my side and bends down too.

"Dude, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to slam you that hard" I say apoligitically

"It's not that"

"Steph, what happened" I say in a hoarse voice.

"I wish I could but I can't tell you. I-I'll die if I did" I thought she was just exaggerating but I realized she was serious. I'd never seen her like this.