Chapter 26

I wrapped the warm porcelain cup in my hands as I focused on the dancing steam floating up. The warmth seeped through to my trembling hands.

"Are you okay?" Cain asked as he rested his elbows on his knees. His hands clamped together and he rested his chin on them.

"I'm fine," I said sarcastically and rested the cup on the wooden table next to my bed. I leaned back into my pillows and sighed as pain shot up my arm.

"Are you scared?"

"Should I be?" I whispered and rubbed my temples. My hair was in knots and was damp against my forehead which was bedded with sweat.

Cain stood up and walked across to the tea kettle. "No, you shouldn't be."

"How?" I pointedly asked as I opened my eyes to glare at the two men.

"My mother was born into a werewolf clan. One of the most powerful clans. She was the leader of this clan and was the first woman alpha. This all started with a genetic disorder. Vince DeGapa inherited this disorder, but it was very weak. He then passed it on to his young ones who built up this genetic disorder into what it is today." Cain rambled, his story not making any sense.

What kind of genetic disorder would create a beast? Cain mentioned a clan, so there must be more clans. Were we surrounded by clans of werewolves?

"I honestly don't want to hear any more. I can't think straight nor can I handle this situation at this point." I moaned at the pain in my arm which cause drops of sweat to cascade down my face.

I accepted the fact that I fell in love with a beast. He was still the same person he is today. I always suspected there was something off about him and it wouldn't have taken me long to piece the story together.

"What about Amy Smoger?" I whispered as I sank into the bed.

"She's a family enemy. It just happens to connect with you."

"How would she connect with me? I get that I lived in her foster home but that's all." I argued and felt the blood rush out of my cheeks.

"There's a book about you." He murmured and I swung my legs out of the bed. "Excuse me?" I stood up and stomped toward him.

"I fucking love you and you better protect me against this evil witch. I'm just a mere human being and you're a mighty dog. I can't protect myself from her if this were to go any further with violence." I yelled and pointed a finger to his chest.

"You love me?" I childish grin displayed on his face and he wrapped his arms around my waist. A blush formed on my cheeks and I gulp, "Let's not focus on that part."

"I will protect you with my life, Ivy." He murmured against my cheek and pulled me close.

"I'm scared," I whispered. Tears formed beneath my lids and I gripped his shoulder.

"I know, darling."

--------------

Okay guys. It's been almost a year since I updated.

I AM RUNNING OUT OF IDEAS.

What should my next chapter be about?!?!