Chapter 17

Updated!;D

-CAIN-

I remember the story my mother told me, on how my father and her met. It seemed almost exactly like how I met Ivy. My dad was homeless, he grew up raising his younger brother. No little boy should have that responsibility. He grew up on the streets, having no hope on being saved or rescued. When my mother found them, he was wary about her but he soon fell in love.

I have the same story with Ivy, I knew she didn't trust me completely at first. I mean, who would? I look at Caleb, almost like my own son. He's protective over Ivy, and I'm glad. I'll need another set of eyes on her.

I love her, and I know she isn't ready yet. I want the rest of her life spent with her happy, and knowing she's safe. From everything.

I want to keep her in my arms and caress her soft skin, whispering that everything is going to be okay.

But now as I look at her, her pale skin is covered in bruises and cuts. Her torso wrapped, her wrist in a cast, and her leg was elevated. I couldn't hold her and tell her everything was going to be okay, I wasn't exactly sure myself.

I watched as her other hand grasped the blanket that covered her, a groan escaping her lips.

I immediately rushed to her side, "What's wrong?" Her head shifted towards me and her eyelids lifted, her blue eyes looking at me.

"It just hurts," She whispered. I grab the pill bottle and I grab two capsules and a glass of water, "Ivy, can you sit up a little bit? You need to take your pain pills." Her head tilted up as she watched me, I popped one capsule in her mouth so she wouldn't choke and I helped her drink the water.

"Get some rest," I murmured and I kissed her forehead softly and a sigh escaped her lips.

-4 days later-

I walked in our bedroom with a tray of good in my hands. I gently kicked the door open and I saw Ivy laying down with her eyes closed and a small hand clasped in hers. Caleb was laying there, his small body pressed against hers.

His eyes darted to me and a smile spread across his face. His motions were to fast and Ivy stirred in her sleep.

"Be careful," I whisper and I set the tray of food down on the dresser.

Caleb sat at the edge of the bed and jumped down, landing with a thud. I grabbed his hand and I led him out of the room and to the kitchen.

My mom was there, already grilling a grilled cheese sandwich for Caleb.

"She's still sleeping," I told my mom.

"Isn't she recovering slowly? She should be up and walking."

"I don't know, but I'm not going to push her. She'll get up whenever she wants to." I say and I grab a plate for the sandwich. She flips the sandwich on and I pass it to Caleb.

"I guess.. When she does get up, take her out. Maybe the lake."

"No, that's where Alec was. She can't go back so soon." I shake my head, it's too soon. I hear munches coming from Caleb and I inwardly smile, he's adorable.

"Take her somewhere peaceful."

-IVY-

Light shines through the curtains and my eyes flutter open. My head turns to the side and I spot a tray of food and my stomach grumbles. I sigh and my hand goes to my stomach, I lost weight already.

My pelvic bones are noticeable as I lay down and my fingers trace over them. I prop myself up on my elbow, lifting myself up slowly. Pain explodes through my torso and I groan instantly, furiously blinking my eyes.

"Cain?" I hoarse, and I heard shuffling coming from the other side of the door.

"Beautiful? Are you awake?" The door creeps open and Cains head pops in, a goofy smile on his face.

"How are you feeling?" He asked as he walks closer to the edge of the bed.

"I still hurt, but I'm better." I smile and he helps me prop the pillows.

"Are you hungry?"

"No." I answer, my stomach grumbling in protest. His eye brows shoot up and he smiled and turns around to grab cut up fruit. He hands me to the bowl and I grab the fork and stab a piece of pineapple.

"Thank you," I say abruptly, his eyes curious.

"For saving me." I finish, tears threatening to escape.

"It's no problem, princess." He asked and his thumb brushes against my cheek. I lean into his touch and I close my eyes. His warmth spreading over my body.

"Now eat up. I plan to at least get you out of bed." He winks and I smile. I can finally see his eyes.

"Why would you try to hide your eyes?" I ask, my mouth still full.

"I'll tell you later, okay?" He says and I nod, curiosity eating at me. His eyes trail down my body and land on my bruises.

"I'm sorry," His voice cracks as he looks at the bruising and cuts.

"It's not your fault," I frown and my heart breaks as a tear trails down his cheek.

"I shouldn't of left you alone, I couldn't sav-"

"Come here." I set the bowl on fruit beside me and he sat in front of me.

"Listen to me, it is not your fault. You couldn't have known he was going to do this. You couldn't of known that he was out there." I say and I cringe.

"I'm sorry, I'm not very good with comforting people." I laugh and his eyes light up. His hand reaches up to my hair and he tucks a piece behind my ear.

"I'll protect you."

--------------------------------------------------------

So sorry for the short and late update! But I hope this was somewhat good..

Anyway, let me know some of your ideas for the next chapter! Message me or comment your thoughts!

I hope y'all had a great vacation, I did! I went to Michigan for my birthday and it was great.

I'm going to start asking you questions! I want to know more about my readers! Where are you from?:)

I love ya!;)

Stay beautiful/handsome!