Chapter 5

Look at who's POV it is ;)

-IVYS POV-

I set my bag on the end of the bed as I heard the little kids playful screaming outdoors. I sigh and stare at the plain white walls with the occasional hole.

"Come inside, children!" I heard the adults say from inside. The smell of food reached my nose and my stomach immediately growled. I wasn't allowed to eat at the cafe so I could only really eat here since I didn't have to pay for it. I slipped on my boots and walked down the stairs where a ginormous table sat, sitting 25 people. All the little kids looked up as I entered the dinning room.

"Ivy, you're late again. You know what happens when people are late." I looked up at Ms. Smoger and sighed. If you were late to dinner you didn't get to eat. I just couldn't wait till I turned 18 so I could get out of this Foster Home. But I don't know where I would go once I turn 18, I only just turned 17.

I nodded and turned on my heels, looking outside. I grab my jacket from the front door and slipped it on as I opened the door.

"Ivy, where are you going?" Ms. Smoger shouted from the table.

"Just going outside," I said quietly as I shut the door behind me, still hearing the laughter from inside. The cold air surrounded my as I walked through the little trees we have. The moon shone brightly against the little water we have on the ground. My breath came out in puffs as I walked around.

"Ivy, come back inside!" I heard a distant yell and I looked back. Was I gone for long? I turned around and started to walk back.

"Where have you been?!" Ms. Smoger said as I walked to the front of the big house.

"I didn't realize I was gone that long Ms. Sm-,"

"That's not an excuse! Go to your room, Ivy!" She yelled at me, her eyes glowing with anger. I nodded quickly and ran up the stairs to my room.

I closed the door quirky and leaned my back against the door, tears streaming down my face.

Why does everyone hate me? What did I ever do?

I walk to my bed to take my boots off. I rest my head against the pillow, curling up in a tight ball as tears stream down my face, my stomach growling loudly. My arms circle around myself and I rock myself to sleep.

**

A big flash woke me up in the middle of the night, thunder following it. I open my eyes wider as I sat up, rubbing my eyes. My stomach growls once more so I slip my boots on. I quietly open the door, making sure not to make a noise as I go down the stairs.

Once I reach the kitchen I look around to see if anyone was awake and no one was. I walk to the fridge in search if food and saw a bowl on the tip shelf with a piece of paper tapped to it.

'For Ms. Ivy' Written with a crayon. I smile as I saw the y was backwards. I look inside the bowl and saw beef stew, still steaming with heat. I smile with relief and grab a spoon from a drawer. I get a spoonful of the beef stew and I savor the taste on my tongue, the hunger in my stomach goes away fast as I eat the whole thing.

I lay the bowl in the sink and I go back upstairs, to sleep with a full stomach.

**

As I walked downstairs there was complete silence. I frowned and looked around and the children that sat there quietly.

"For Ms. Ivy," A mocking voice said behind me and I turned around quickly, seeing Ms. Smoger hold up the card from last night. I gulped, how stupid was I? I should've dumped it.

"Who is this from, Ivy? You know the rules. You don't eat if you're late." She said while studying me with her cold eyes.

"I don't know who that is from, Ms. Smoger."

"Kids, who wrote this?" She asked sternly to them. One little boy on the corner of the table gulped loudly and her eyes set on him.

"Caleb.. Do you know what happens after this?" Ms. Smoger said while walking to him. His little brown eyes glanced at me then back to Ms. Smoger, looking her in the eyes and nodding. She looked shocked but compressed it down, "Go to your room. You don't get to eat today," And he quickly got down from his seat and ran up the stairs.

I sighed as tears brimmed my eyes, "I have to go to work,"

**

"How are you, Ivy?" Wanda asked and I shrugged.

"Things could be better," I mumbled as I hung my jacket up with my purse.

"What happened?" She asked while sitting down since we didn't have a single costumer.

"I was late to dinner and I didn't get to eat but I was so hungry that I had to go downstairs and Caleb, a little boy, hVe me some beef stew which is really brave and stupid of him so he got in trouble now he can't eat for a whole day. He deserve food," I rambled and she looked at me.

"Sneak him a roll of bread when your shift ends. Sneak him a lot more food then that but think of something. I will pay for whatever is missing," She got up and patted my hand. I grabbed her fragile hand in mine and pulled her to me, hugging her tightly.

"Thank you," I whispered against her shoulder.

"You're welcome," She whispered, "A boy asked about you."

"What?" I asked, surprised. My eyes went wide and she nodded while laughing.

"He's cute too," She winked and walked away with a slight limp.

A smile spread across my face and I grabbed my notepad and a pen and sat down, putting my hair up in a messy bun.

---------------------------------------------------------

It's Ivy's POV!

Good, bad?

Tell me your thoughts in the comments!

Vote too!

Love ya!;)

Stay beautiful! Xx